Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Betty's Holiday Contest

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
goldwyn girl said:
My second entry.

XMAS.jpg

Well Hello Santa!!!!!;)

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Wow - the photos posted so far are great!

Did you know that only a few more people are needed to post pictures and than another prize gets added?

Spread the cheer and tell your FL friends to join the fun!

Vintage Betty

Sweet Leilani

A-List Customer
pennyseranade said:
Never did understand why Quakertown never gets a steam locomotive?? They DO have the means, since the staion has been restored for about two years now, and they're friends with the people who own them at Kemton, Strasburg, etc. Sad that Quakertown doesn't have much of a historical preservation mindset, we know the folks who own Sine's VERY well. Bill says its been like that for YEARS,...too sad. I can't bring myself to buy the Quakertown history book they have out now, I just cant bare to see the photos of what used to be and to know what is there and not there now.

Diesels are nice, but you can't beat the old steam power! My husband's father used to take him down to the tracks back home,...his father used to know some of the old timers there. he's been around trains for years when he was a kid,...got sick of them actually,...LOL!!! well, he still loves them though!!

True, but these engines are for work at the moment, I guess, not pleasure hops. They still shunt freight cars almost everyday. Maybe if they ever get passenger service restored up our way that will change. We took my son for a ride on the New Hope RR the other day and it was wonderful- as far as he's concerned Santa comes on a train, not a sleigh! lol

Funny you mention it, we went to Sines right afterward and did some Christmas shopping. It was packed- its good to see some folks appreciate what they have here at least. Things are definitely improving, although it would be wonderful to still have the Karlton.

100_2530.jpg

100_2540.jpg

Sweet Leilani

A-List Customer
I guess I should mention that Sine's is an old-fashioned 5&10. Shopping there is like shopping at Woolworth's back in the day, except that it's still family owned. Being there with my 3 year old son reminded me of A Christmas Story. This isn't really an obviously "holiday" themed shot, but it's definitely the way I prefer to Christmas shop- much better than a mall!!!
There's a lunch counter behind the yellow partition on the left.

100_2536.jpg

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
And the winners are...

Congratulations to the top THREE winners of Vintage Betty's Holiday Contest; I'm throwing in another prize for good measure.

First place: snookie - decorating the tree
Second place: goldwyn girl – under the tree
Third place: paddy - train

I'll be contacting each of the winners regarding their prize.

Thank you everyone for their great entries; all judges agreed it was VERY hard to decide on any winners and we really enjoyed our task and your participation.

And a special thank you to our great judges mingoslim and carter for their hard work. :eusa_clap

Happy Holidays everyone!

Vintage Betty

mingoslim

Practically Family
A big round of applause . . .

To the contestants . . . We really did have a hard time.

But a bigger round of applause to Betty . . . who puts her creativity, time, and prizes in to make all of our lives in this little community of the Fedora Lounge a little happier. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

VB - to you should go the greatest prize of all!

carter

I'll Lock Up
Merry Christmas to All!

mingoslim said:
To the contestants . . . We really did have a hard time.

But a bigger round of applause to Betty . . . who puts her creativity, time, and prizes in to make all of our lives in this little community of the Fedora Lounge a little happier. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

VB - to you should go the greatest prize of all!

To all of which I wholeheartedly agree ! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Snookie

Practically Family
Wow, thanks so much, Vintage Betty, mingoslim, and carter. I was proud to just get a picture taken and posted -- now I'm triple-ly proud to have the winning picture! (And you all did have a tough (but fun) job - I would have been torn in deciding too - the pictures were all so good!)

Thanks again to Vintage Betty for putting on such fun contests for us, and congrats to Goldwyn Girl and Paddy, too!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Audrey Horne

Practically Family
Thank you Vintage Betty!

Thanks for the fun contest Vintage Betty. It was great to see all the wonderful pictures. Congratulations to the winners!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21