Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

VINTAGE BORSALINO GODFATHER HOMBURG 1950's SIZE 7 5/8

Go Dog.Go!

New in Town
This is a mocha brown Borsalino Alessandria godfather homburg fedora. It has a 2" brown shark gill bow ribbon, wind trolley, 5-5 1/2" crown, 3 1/4" curved brim. The brim is sewn at the edge. This vintage Borsalino would classify as mint except the sweatband has some wrinkling. I wear a 7 5/8 and this hat is tight on my head, so it is in on the small side of 7 5/8. this hat was sold at Burts Clothes in Chicago. On eBay at 156.00 http://www.ebay.com/itm/252743964893?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

makitright

One of the Regulars
So this is too tight on you to the point of being uncomfortable over the course of wearing it for a few hours...correct?
Do you believe it can be put to a real 7 5/8 with some moisture and a vintage hat keeper/stretcher?

Go Dog.Go!

New in Town
Yes you would probably be able to stretch a bit. It is not too tight. Also, another member said this is not a 1950,s borsalino and he was very upset that I was advertising a borsalino as 50's, and he says it aint. Borsalino,s are hard to date and that was my educated or uneducated guess. So it is a Borsalino, for that I am sure, date of manufacture....unknown

Yes you would probably be able to stretch a bit. It is not too tight. Also, another member said this is not a 1950,s borsalino and he was very upset that I was advertising a borsalino as 50's, and he says it aint. Borsalino,s are hard to date and that was my educated or uneducated guess. So it is a Borsalino, for that I am sure, date of manufacture....unknown
Regardless of the date, it is one killer hat. Unfortunately too large for my head otherwise I would jump.

In this instance, the date is provided in the photo of the manufacturing label you shared in your auction photos. 1976.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy