Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage boys hats or decent quality new hats

hutch

Familiar Face
I just picked up a dark gray pork pie style boys hat on ebay. It is made by Mickey, Hats for Boys and is a size 6 5/8. I wasn't expecting much on quality but upon inspection it feels to me like it is some sort of fur felt blend. The leather sweatband is dry and I have to have it replaced.

I haven't run across many good quality boys hats or vintage boys hats. Most of the newer boys hats are cheaply made but quite expensive. Does anyone have a source or website they can suggest to get more boys hats? My sons are 3 and 5 and they both love hats. Thanks in advance.

Hutch

Phineas Lamour

Practically Family
My son is 4 and he has a vintage Royal Stetson we found on Ebay. There is also a store locally that sells vintage clothing and hats. I saw a lot of 6 1/2 and 6 5/8 straw hats in there the other day. A couple of felts too, mostly wool
hatsmile.jpg

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
Hey! Welcome! Check out Johnnyphi's site. Tons of really good, near perfect NOS vintage hats at very low prices. Some have wrinkled sweats or mild to moderate mothing. But without a doubt, your most plentiful source for small vintage lids. Here's some more info:

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=42815

And I almost forgot--25% for FL's for a little longer. No clue how long, though. Happy hunting! And good to get them addicted young. Our evil plan is working! :eek: lol :D

Cheers,
flute

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
I strongly suggest johnnys website. i spoke to him a few weeks ago. He has a great selection of vintage hats in small sizes. Most men today arent 6 5/8 and 6 3/4 but younger boys are. The prices will be good and they wont be wool garbage hats like those made today.

Steven
www.bencrafthats.com

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
besdor said:
I strongly suggest johnnys website. i spoke to him a few weeks ago. He has a great selection of vintage hats in small sizes. Most men today arent 6 5/8 and 6 3/4 but younger boys are. The prices will be good and they wont be wool garbage hats like those made today.

Steven
www.bencrafthats.com

I have to agree, I bought my boy one from Johnny and it is his nicest hat. Even compared to his other vintage fedora and new one.

johnnyphi

Sponsoring Affiliate
Thank you!

I haven't been on the Lounge as much as I would like, and I'm very pleased to find this thread. Thank you all for your positive comments.

I've been corresponding with FL member Babs, and we're working on a hat for his son.

Hopefully, we'll be able to post some of his questions, along with my answers, on this thread.

I agree that I have the best collection of vintage hats, in small sizes... (I'm not bragging, I'm just saying.)

But, I expect plenty of questions when it comes to putting a 60-70 year old hat on your 6-7 year old. (Babs mentioned his wife a few times in the email, and that's understandable, too.)

Please email me or post questions here. I'll do my best to answer them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart