Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Brown Classic Kehoe Leather Cafe Racer Jacket - fits 38

trapp

Practically Family
Vintage Brown Classic Kehoe Leather Cafe Racer Jacket
Fits like 38
$120

Selling my vintage brown cafe racer. This is classic. It's missing the label but I'm 95% sure it was made by Kehoe. How? Because I own another Kehoe cafe racer in black and the jackets are made exactly the same, right down to the construction of the windflap to the back / shoulder construction to the 'SWIFT' front facing sleeve zips to the liners. Two horizontal chest pockets, no handwarmers, no interior pockets, totally minimal.

I'm really sorry to be selling this but I'm a true 40 and this fits like a slim and vintage (read tailored) 38 with nice high armholes. While i can get into this jacket, I can't wear it comfortably. For reference, I'm 5'10 and 165 pounds and I wear a tag size 40 in business suits and most leather jackets.

The jacket, as you can see, has epic natural patina. All zips are original and work perfect, the liner is very good or better, although the stitching holding both sleeves to the body of the liner has come loose (the jacket can be worn as is or the liner resewn in these areas - it does NOT need to be re-lined). There are no holes in the leather at all. You could condition it if you choose but it's not necessary. I've never had an issue but since it's a true vintage jacket with plenty of wear the usual caveats apply in terms of care.

Measurements...

Chest 21.75
Shoulder 18
Sleeve 24.25
Front length 25.75
Rear length 24.25
body opening 18.5

Please add $13.65 for USPS CONUS shipping using a Priority Flat rate medium box.

I've sold several of my jackets here in the past few months (a pair of Vansons and a Schott) and have had excellent experiences. If you need referrals or vouchments, let me know! Also, if you'd like to see any specific details I've missed on the jacket, message me and I'm happy to oblige, even if you're just window shopping.

Thanks for looking and message me with any questions at all.

101_2534.JPG
101_2541.JPG
101_2531.JPG
101_2539.JPG
101_2533.JPG
101_2543.JPG
101_2530.JPG
101_2540.JPG
101_2534.JPG

Last edited:

Gamma68

One Too Many
I have a brown Kehoe CR just like this one, and it's my favorite CR. A very underrated brand that doesn't get as much attention as it deserves. Good luck with the sale.

trapp

Practically Family
I agree, and it's why I made sure to grab a Kehoe that fits before letting this one go.

I've seen Kehoe lumped together with old Brooks jackets and I understand why, since they share the same period, are more or less on the same tier, and share plenty of construction similarities. But having owned both, i much prefer the leather on Kehoe jackets.

The cut seems better too. Brooks jackets always seem off in the chest, even when sized correctly (on my body at least), whereas the Kehoe is perfect everywhere, fitted but supremely comfortable. I'll never part with the Kehoe that fits; it's so right that I'm considering bringing it to Allen Johnson to have it reproduced in one of his premium leathers. It would be costly but so worth it.

Last edited:

Gamma68

One Too Many
Agree, the Kehoe leather is superior to Brooks. Wonderful break-in and soft hand while maintaining its robustness.

Funny thing about this one for sale -- it's missing a tag, just like mine. Mine has no indication it ever had a tag. But it's a Kehoe all right.

trapp

Practically Family
I think my current 'keeper' Kehoe offers some insight into that. The tag is a large cloth tag ("Genuine Steerhide Leather by Kehoe St. Clare Shores, Michigan") but they only sewed it onto the liner with a few stitches at each corner. If this tag came loose or was ever intentionally removed, it looks like there would be little visible indication a tag had been there at all. In other words, there wouldn't be the tell-tale dotted rectangle in the liner.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21