Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Buttons Yay!!

fuzzylizzie

One of the Regulars
Lady Day. I love the cat one.

Here's my favorite snaps card:

teenstennis.jpg

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I picked up a whole bunch of New Old Stock Buttons recently, most of which are Mother of Pearl. The white buttons on the top row are little hats. :) The single button on the bottom row is little red riding hood and the wolf.

buttons_091709.JPG

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
il_430xN.53440663.jpg

These are navy blue. I love vintage bukle and button sets. I have a cure green set also and a bunch of random buttons. I just started buying vintage buttons.

Bettie Booh

Familiar Face
I got these from my grandmother this week, I have no idea when they are from, but she kept the buttons when the dresses didnt fit or had to be thrown away for some other reason.

Bild014.jpg

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Beautiful collection there, Bettie. :eusa_clap
I wish I could give you info on dating, but alas, plastic buttons were reproduced at different decades, through different companies for a long time.

LD

Foofoogal

Banned
I have been running across buttons lately and am amazed at the fabulous little works of Art. I went to wallyworld and cheap plain ones are expensive. I seriously think I have a vintage Confederate button I found today in a jar full I picked up.
It is scaring me as I feel a real obsession coming on. I can understand Lady Day loving them.
I am going to make a nice display of some kind for my grandchildren with the best ones I find.
http://sandysfancypants.blogspot.com

SayCici

Practically Family
Those are awesome!!

LD is definitely a button enabler. I can usually get vintage buttons for a project for not much more than they cost in stores, so I do like to seek out nice ones.

il_430xN.86996813.jpg

il_430xN.53443454.jpg

I bought the brown ones for a hypothetical project. :eek:

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I seem to be more selective of the buttons I get now. That, and I havent run across any lots I thought were good enough :eek:

Picture3.png

Dont know why the cards corners have been lopped off, but the buttons are amazing.

Yay buttons!

LD

Mirinda

New in Town
So many cute buttons! It reminded me my mother-in-law has lots of these - she finds them in charity shops in London, maybe I should ask her for some!

It may be a silly question (sorry for beig a newbie!) but are vintage buttons resistant? The ones I remember seing at my mother-in-law's home were like these ones:

IMG_1596.jpg

(I borrowed the image from Lady Day's post, hope that's ok).

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot