Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

vintage caps

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
More IRA pics:

44998305_2016656555060565_4245133580738494464_n.jpg

I wish I could like this a second time for TWO likes, one for the caps, one for the Whiskey!!!!
M;)
I'd like to tour the distilleries in Scotland but probably won't ever make it. Wouldn't even know the best time of yr to go. With Whisky auctions becoming more popular with collectors here in the US plus internet sales I've wondered how a speciality merchant in fine whisky might go over too.

I'd like to tour the distilleries in Scotland but probably won't ever make it. Wouldn't even know the best time of yr to go. With Whisky auctions becoming more popular with collectors here in the US plus internet sales I've wondered how a speciality merchant in fine whisky might go over too.
I am Sooooooo with you on that one. I would love to tour the distilleries in Scotland and Ireland!!!!
I have been down to the Bardstown Kentucky area many times for the Whiskey Museum and the auctions and toured the many distilleries in Kentucky as well as the one near Mount Vernon in Virginia where they are making Rye with Washington's original recipe. I have been to many of the craft distilleries in our Iowa and Illinois area...BUT....of course Scotland is the prize!!!!
M

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
1914 Montgomery Ward......
M;) View attachment 145736

Thanks for sharing your Montgomery Ward cap page. A treasure of info and history is on that page. Amazing the variety of options available to cap wearers. My father often spoke fondly about catalogs and how he would peruse them as a child in the 40's. I make the time in order to appreciate his life experience.

Best, Eric -

I am Sooooooo with you on that one. I would love to tour the distilleries in Scotland and Ireland!!!!
I have been down to the Bardstown Kentucky area many times for the Whiskey Museum and the auctions and toured the many distilleries in Kentucky as well as the one near Mount Vernon in Virginia where they are making Rye with Washington's original recipe. I have been to many of the craft distilleries in our Iowa and Illinois area...BUT....of course Scotland is the prize!!!!
M
My wife and I have been to the British Isles and Ireland many times but somehow always managed to miss Scotland . Next late September/October we will make a specific trip at my wife's urging. I agreed on the condition we would take a number of days to travel the whisky trail. The weather will likely be crap but then I think it is even in summer and if we don't expect good weather and dress appropriately it will work out. And inclement weather just gives more reason to stay indoors in a nice pub somewhere.

Leonard “Bugs” Rucker, 1982
Elected into the Billiards One-Pocket Hall of Fame in 2004. Deservedly so! "High Heels" Danny deserves to be in there too.

IMG_9891.JPG

There's a million old places out there just like this, where you have to be buzzed in & buzzed out. They have names like Tuxedo Billiards & Cadillac Billiards, & eventually get closed down by do-gooders.

IMG_9892.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21