Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

vintage caps

GregNYC

One Too Many
Caps from the late 20s, early 30s.

staw-caps.jpg

William Straw died in 1932 in Nottinghamshire, England. His house and belongings have been kept in state by the family for the last 80 years.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ration-food-furniture-untouched-90-YEARS.html

GregNYC

One Too Many
I think the cap on the right is a later addition to the collection at the house. A bit of set decoration by the family perhaps. Older caps didn't have the crowns sewn down to the visor.

Pinesiw

A-List Customer
Thats actually where I got the inspiration for getting the ivy style flat cap... Guy with the cauliflower ear wears it well
131d7622b7af916335ef38cd6172c626.jpg

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Blackthorn, that is a great cap. I've been avoiding getting into caps because my dad always wore them, and everyone says that I look exactly him. It's been an individuality issue, I suppose. Lately, though, I've been looking at the caps here on the Lounge and reconsidering. Question: if I wanted to find a cap like that, where would I begin to look?

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
Blackthorn, that is a great cap. I've been avoiding getting into caps because my dad always wore them, and everyone says that I look exactly him. It's been an individuality issue, I suppose. Lately, though, I've been looking at the caps here on the Lounge and reconsidering. Question: if I wanted to find a cap like that, where would I begin to look?

Tropicalbob, are you referring to the one in post #91? If so, I'd contact Johnny J (Jonathan Cordova). I've had two caps made by him, and he does excellent work, just like the vintage hats we see in movies. If you scroll through the last couple of pages of the Cap Faction thread, you'll see him posting there and you can send him a PM.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Much appreciated. I've been travelling a bit lately and always bring my leather jacket. Well, we all know what happens when you pair a fedora and a leather jacket, so I'm trying to decide which is worse:"Hey, it's Indiana Jones," or "Gee, you look just like your old man!" Luckily, most people I meet travelling didn't know my dad, so I'll go with the caps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk