Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Car Thread - Discussion and Parts Requests

Stanley Doble

Call Me a Cab
When someone criticized his cars for being tall and dowdy looking Keller said " they won't knock your eye out but they won't knock your hat off either".

31 Model A

A-List Customer
The closest I've ever been to a Ferrari is when I lived in a walk-up over an Italian restaurant by that name. Nice place, until it was infested by raccoons.

Lizzie, I have a studio portrait photo of my mother taken when she was 17 in 1946. She might look familiar to you. If I run across it, I'll post it for your enjoyment. It's in B&W so you'll have to visualize it being in color.

Or at least a Countach. :p

better yet....... :p

flatmobile002.jpg

1930artdeco

Practically Family
todays cars show

Hi All,

Participated in the Alameda car show today. Lots of really nice cars mostly 50-60's but a few from the 30-40's. One For Mach 1 and last but not least mine.

Mike

IMG_0646.jpg IMG_0653.jpg IMG_0654.jpg IMG_0655.jpg

1930artdeco

Practically Family
the 27 Chevy was really nice considering (even though it is a Chevy) it took him three trucks to make one. He has no planes to restore it either, and that is good as he had boat loads of people looking at it.

Mike

fashion frank

One Too Many
A Work in Progress.

Thought I would share a few shots of the car to show you all how it is coming along.
Detailed the hell out of it and it keeps getting better and better.
Took it to church today what an uproar in the parking lot ,I had a hard time getting out of there as everybody was all over me about it.

Drivers side, inside shot.

Just replaced all the rubber pads on the foot controls and repainted the clutch ,brake floor bracket and new felt pad underneath that.

Also installed a rear window shade . I always thought it was for privacy but was informed it was for night time driving as all of the windows are flat and light reflects all over the place from headlights coming in thru the rear window so you use the shade for night driving .

Just a few shots of the car over all .

All the Best ,Fashion Frank

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran