Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Eastman SFAD B3 size 42R

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
I’d like any theories as to the status of my jacket I “sold” him as well. Is there a creative way he could have made it appear the jacket is still en route without being delivered yet delivered? Idk, it seemed to me like a genuine postal loss in my case. Perhaps he has some really crappy post office there, hence the paranoia on his end? The vibe I got during my interaction was that he was trying very hard to not have the box opened by postal officials, and I attributed this to the likelihood of theft on their end.

I have had at least 5 jackets that i bought, had delivered and signed for, yet the tracking was never updated and remained stuck on "on it's way to destination" forever.
Had i been a scammer i could have filed a complaint and gotten my money back even though i signed for the jacket myself.
It seems this problem with trackings not updating has happened more since the begining of Covid, i think it's because delivery drivers are told not to ask for signatures anymore.
Maybe that's what happened to your jacket and he just jumped jumped on the opportunity, rather than a pre planned scam. Or maybe he paid his delivery driver a tip not to update the jacket as delivered.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
I have had at least 5 jackets that i bought, had delivered and signed for, yet the tracking was never updated and remained stuck on "on it's way to destination" forever.
Had i been a scammer i could have filed a complaint and gotten my money back even though i signed for the jacket myself.
It seems this problem with trackings not updating has happened more since the begining of Covid, i think it's because delivery drivers are told not to ask for signatures anymore.
Another explanation could be the transfer from one parcel shipping company to another. If I use a local carrier to send something across the pond, they'll hand it over to USPS for them to take care of delivery within the US. Sometimes with the handover they also re-label the package giving it a new (USPS) tracking code. If you then check tracking with the local (non-US) carrier, status will forever be 'in transit'.

Although some carriers have now updated their IT systems to allow for tracking all across the delivery chain even when they have been relabeled.

Twit

One of the Regulars
It is plausible but I think this is a proper scam set up.

Some years ago I was involved in anti-scamming work, slightly different context mind you, and the thing that came through massively is that the pro-scammers don't scam everyone. They need to set up a few legit deals to cover the scams, so that when the investigation comes knocking they can claim not to be a scammer as there is a record of legit deals.

I think what would be needed would be to establish how many people have been taken in but also, how many legit deals have there been and look for patterns across both. Often across the genuine deals people let their guard down and its the information from them that nails them...

oskar

One of the Regulars
As a first step you should find other people that he scammed

Second you should contact the mail service. DHL will cover lost parcels up to 500 Euros. It takes time but they will pay and investigate.

ausreenactor

One of the Regulars
Looks like Raphael is now the one scamming sellers. Loads of talk on the VLJ about an AWOL Good Wear, refunds kept and then the jacket when getting picked up/delivered. Seller attempted contact for 11 days and then a bizarre story about wet packaging and a parcel return.

He has been removed from TFL and the VLJ. Tread carefully when dealing with Heisenberg/Monsieur Grrr/Raphael H.

kowalski

Practically Family
Big Jeffrey Lebowski Jeff "The Dude" Lebowski, mistaken for a millionaire of the same name, seeks restitution for his ruined rug and enlists his bowling buddies to help get it. > nick Lebowski it convergence random? I do not think so. he is a calculating trickster.Amen

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko