Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage eyeglasses cracked and crumbling

SweetieStarr

A-List Customer
Hi all,

Hopefully this is the right section for this question. I was gifted with 2 pairs of vintage eyeglasses. While very cool, the plastic or whatever they are made out of is very badly cracked everywhere. Is this repairable or should I just toss them? Could I even sell them in this condition?

Help is much appreciated.

Thanks!

Foxer55

A-List Customer
Sweetie,

The plastic-like material is probably neither repairable or reproducible, at least not profitably. You might find some geek somewhere who could batch the stuff in his lab but at considerable cost. They might be of value to someone as collectables. Donating them to a museum if they're in enough demand could get you a tax deduction. Hang on to them for a while, they're small, and you might eventually find something to do with them. On the far end, if you search you might find a similar old pair to cannibalize for repair parts or you might find some interest in the lenses as historic examples of optics fabrication. Depends how old they are.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy