Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage felt

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Thanks, Rick, for the hat photos and the link. That is one of the best Indy hats I have seen,

I also have a GH fedora, so know the beauty of the hat and the pleasure of wearing it. You really gave yours a workout! I am babying mine, just glad to have such a great hat.

karol

rick5150

One of the Regulars
I enjoyed seeing your GH hat! What a nice tall crown! Looks to me you're very happy with it as well!

Thanks. The hat is great and "feels right" for what I need it for, if that makes sense. The crown height may appear tall, but it is about 5 1/4" - I guess that is about right for me though as I am rahter short :D

...and great hiking photos too!

Thank you. This is one of my favorite past times. You can't beat the scenery and the exercise is great. I received more compliments due to this hat than all others combined. It seems to ooze quality.

Granted, several of were while visiting my Mom in an Assisted Living facility and these people either know quality from actual experience handling vintage felts, are being polite or are clinically insane, so I take those compliments with a grain of salt.

I also have a GH fedora, so know the beauty of the hat and the pleasure of wearing it. You really gave yours a workout! I am babying mine, just glad to have such a great hat.

A good high quality hat should be able to take a beating in my opinion. After all, it is only money, right? ;) It just keeps getting more and more comfortable if that is possible. Wear it any way you can, but wear it.

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
I have two Platinum Beaver felt hats from Fedora. These hats are all hand made. Steve makes them the old hatters way all by hand.
I have one in brown blocked in the Indiana Jones style and a Natural/Crystal Platinum Beaver he blocked it open crown for me.

His prices are very fair and he will give you one fine Fedora without paying a arm and a leg for it.

The beaver felt feels like velvet to me and is as soft as a cloud. The hats have zero stiffner in them yet they hold there shape perfectly!!

These hats are pounced thin and i weighed my Optimo it weighed 3.7 oz and the beavers was 3.9 oz. I;ll get some picture up soon.

I'm one happy customer of Fedora aka Adventurebilt Hat Company:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR