Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

vintage Gordon & Ferguson M422a size 48 plus docs, provenance

galvestonokie

Familiar Face
i have decided to sell the most unique WWII jacket i have ever seen. I purchased it about 6 years ago from the estate of a deceased WWII naval aviator who won the Distinguished Flying Cross (possibly while wearing the jacket) for sinking a German submarine in the Bay of Biscay. This gent was flying the PB4Y-2 Privateer (US Navy version of the B-24) from Dunkeswell Airfield (Devon) UK, in squadron VPB-103. The squadron was "Engaged in Anti-Submarine patrols in the Bay of Biscay and on the Western Approaches during 1943-45."
The sale will include pictures of the aviator, his flight crew, Command documents/roster for VPB-103, 2 pairs of gloves, and the jacket.
In a very large size 48, the jacket was built by preeminent maker Gordon & Ferguson. Metrics include Chest = 25.25"; Sleeves = 29.5"; Shoulders = 21"; Zipper = 24"; and Waist (measured flat) = 23.5". The leather is immaculate showing appropriate patina. The collar is in very good condition with only very, very slight wear at the tip of the left collar. There is one slight moth hole in the left sleeve; other than that the knits are in good condition. The zipper appears to be original with the original owner's leather zipper pull.
i won't include all pics here but can send to truly interested buyers. The price is $1150 plus insured shipping.
GF front 3.JPG
GF label.jpg

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR