Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage grey Stetson, Sovereign - Twenty with Mode Edge - 7 1/4, FS

pnbarber

New in Town
Vintage grey Stetson, Sovereign - Twenty with Mode Edge - 7 1/4, FS

I'm not sure the age but the hat is in pristine condition.

Brim is about 2 3/8 and can be worn up or down. The front, as creased is 4 5\8" and the open crown measures over 5 3/4".
The grosgrain ribbon is black and measures 1 7/8" and has no signs of wear. Fur felt in excellent condition, clean in and out and it has a soft and pliable leather sweatband with no cracking. The liner is also very clean and has plastic protector.

I'm asking 165.00 or best offer.

Stetson.20.1sm.jpg , Stetson.20.5sm.jpg , Stetson.20.6sm.jpg , Stetson.20.2sm.jpg , Stetson.20.3sm.jpg , Stetson.20.7sm.jpg , Stetson.20.9sm.jpg

pnbarber

New in Town
When I set the price, I wasn't sure what this hat might be worth. I'm lowering to $145.00. If I'm way off please let me know - you won't hurt my feelings :)

I may just keep it although I'm more of a narrow ribbon kind of guy.

Thanks for looking and any input you might have.

Hat Dandy

One of the Regulars
When I set the price, I wasn't sure what this hat might be worth. I'm lowering to $145.00. If I'm way off please let me know - you won't hurt my feelings :)

I may just keep it although I'm more of a narrow ribbon kind of guy.

Thanks for looking and any input you might have.

I think the current price you are offering is a fine start point for negotiations. If it wasn't for the terrible exchange rate at the moment (I live in Canada), I would have made an offer. I'm still thinking about it.

Last edited:

tommyK

One Too Many
Sovereign Twenty's are great hats! Not to mention the "mode edge" or felted edge that you can't get in a modern hat. I love mine and if this were my size I'd have bought it already. Less than I paid for mine, seems like a good price to me.

Last edited:

pnbarber

New in Town
Sovereign Twenty's are great hats! Not to mention the "mode edge" or felted edge that you can't get in a modern hat. I love mine and if this were my size I'd have bought it already. Less than I paid for mine, seems like a good price to me.

Thanks Tommy for your input. I really like the hat and may end up keeping it. Would it be sacrilege to have the ribbon changed out to something less wide? I really like ribbons from 3/4" to 1".

pnbarber

New in Town
Thank you for your thoughts. It's nice to know I wasn't too far off.

"I think the current price you are offering is a fine start point for negotiations. If it wasn't for the terrible exchange rate at the moment (I live in Canada), I would have made an offer. I'm still thinking about it."

tommyK

One Too Many
Thanks Tommy for your input. I really like the hat and may end up keeping it. Would it be sacrilege to have the ribbon changed out to something less wide? I really like ribbons from 3/4" to 1".

Sometimes switching to a smaller ribbon may reveal a line where the felt has faded over time but not under the ribbon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot