Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Hairstyles with thin, fine hair?

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
I have been getting mine permed since last Aug...

The vintage hairstylist I've been going to in SF said the stylist that permed my hair in mid Feb.(hair place out here in San Jose) used too small a rod. The one in SF said he'd like to try a body wave instead when it grows out enough to redo it. He said the blow dryer is no good for my hair. To use a dryer hood like they have at the salon (he suggested I look for a portable one on evilBay or on Craig's List), or sleep on it. For my wet (gel) set he said its key to get my hair completely dry.

old yazoo said:
oh thank goodness I found you!! I share all of these problems - super fine, thin hair that is straight as a poker!! It won't hold curl if there is the slightest bit of humidity near me, but I do like a product called Ecoly Willow Bark heat curling lotion. They make a setting lotion too, but as I'm usually short on time I heat style my hair. I also like Mop's root lifter, this is only useful if you blow dry, but it's nice stuff.

I'm considering getting a perm just so my hair will hold a style and have more body!! Just afraid of damaging it further...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass