Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Hercules Halfbelt Sz 40

Claybertrand

One Too Many
Yeah Tony had to sell off that Lux Horween Simmons Bilt, wasn’t the PTP 22.5”?

Now I know @ton312 has perhaps gone thru a jacket or two ;) --- The one I am referring to was what I THINK was a Vintage Halfbelt----I THOUGHT it was a Herc. This was in the last year or two. I recall the thread conversation was that Tony was thinking about having Dena throw a replacement zip--like a #8 or #10 on the jacket. But this was immediately when he bought it and didn't have it in hand yet. Myself and a few other members were trying to convince him to stay stock with the zipper and he was resisting a little bit until he received the jacket and was convinced the #5 zipper was perfect. Then I believe the jacket was a bit small so Tony moved it. I COULD be wrong and if so, perhaps Tony will correct the factual retelling.

My point is that this jacket is in that same CLOSE BUT NO CIGARO category being very close to the same jacket Tony already tried.

Tempted
Now I know @ton312 has perhaps gone thru a jacket or two ;) --- The one I am referring to was what I THINK was a Vintage Halfbelt----I THOUGHT it was a Herc. This was in the last year or two. I recall the thread conversation was that Tony was thinking about having Dena throw a replacement zip--like a #8 or #10 on the jacket. But this was immediately when he bought it and didn't have it in hand yet. Myself and a few other members were trying to convince him to stay stock with the zipper and he was resisting a little bit until he received the jacket and was convinced the #5 zipper was perfect. Then I believe the jacket was a bit small so Tony moved it. I COULD be wrong and if so, perhaps Tony will correct the factual retelling.

My point is that this jacket is in that same CLOSE BUT NO CIGARO category being very close to the same jacket Tony already tried.
yes. It was this Herc. I could wear it. It was trim. Selling it was a mistake!
72C14774-49C8-469E-85A6-3D1124D3233F.jpeg

Claybertrand

One Too Many
Tempted

yes. It was this Herc. I could wear it. It was trim. Selling it was a mistake!
View attachment 351848

That's the one bro!!!!! No shame in selling it. After all, that was BEFORE you were BORN AGAIN VINTAGE!!!!!! Which by the way, is awesome. I don't know what beach you were chillin on for a spell before you returned and made the "NO MO' REPROs!" proclamation.....but wherever it was, it sure got your mind right man!!!!!;)

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Interesting...... I believe this is the first time I have seen this in Hercules Jackets.

The "roll up" cuffs go back to the 30s. Somewhere, I don't recall, took credit for this. The dark brown is a Sears Topline, the other is a Sportclad. The insides are finished and have buttons.

Probably a manufactures error with the reversed cuffs on the sales jacket. I've never seen this.

DSC06658.jpg
DSC06662.jpg

Mrfrown

One Too Many
As the year comes to a close I’m making hard decisions and moving jackets that don’t get the wear they deserve.

Accordingly this Hercules is back on the market.

It’s still in great condition as I’ve only worn it a handful of times since the original listing.

Fyi when I made the listing I didn’t realize the zipper was a replacement but you can see the stitch marks from where it was done.

Jacket could probably use a conditioning but I’ll leave that for the buyer to use their preferred method.

Please refer to measurements, it fits like a 40/42.

Asking $425 shipped to USA, at cost elsewhere.

Mrfrown

One Too Many
If so, it’s my closet’s best jacket. I just don’t wear it and would prefer it go to someone that will enjoy it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points