Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Horsehide bomber I bought for £25 !!

ukali1066

Practically Family
Vintage Horsehide bomber I bought for £25 !!

I picked this up yesterday in a vintage shop for the princely sum of £25 [ that's about $50 US ]

I'm thinking maybe 1970's/80's due to the lining and YKK zips, it's in lovely condition, not even any wear to the knitted parts.

The label reads A-10 not A-1...but I don't reckon it's a copy of any exact Airforce style.

But I've never owned a horsehide and I'm very pleased with it !

I'm going to Pecard it when I get home

bomber.jpg

bomber2.jpg

bomber3.jpg

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Very nice find. It seems to be based on an American 50s design. The label seems to be typical of the 1970s. What size is it?

ukali1066

Practically Family
Ahhh I love the smell of Pecards in the morning.....

Here's my horse after a coat of the good stuff...I love that greasy look just after it's been done...it soon dulls down again though

jkt5.jpg

jkt2-1.jpg

jkt4-1.jpg

jkt3-1.jpg

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
It's a sleek basic design. If it didn't have that characteristically 70s-80s piping on it, it'd surely be up on eBay pulling some serious coin.
2411612086_f8b8a9fa03_o.jpg

Artist's Conception

Is the piping a seam, or strictly decorative?

MudInYerEye

Practically Family
Actually that style of piping around handwarmer pockets first became very popular in the mid 1940's and continued throughout the early 1960's. Many immediate postwar Sears Hercules, Penney's Sportclad, and Ward's Windward jacket featured exactly this type of detailing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925