Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage inspired lotions and potions

Vanessa Anne

Familiar Face
I found a fab brand of perfumes/lotions when I went to one of my fave beauty stores here in the UK "Rose and Co."

http://www.rose-apothecary.co.uk/index.html

The brand is Berkeley Square. They have re-created four scents from the 1920's. I've fallen in love with the Fig and Cherry line.

http://www.bsquare.co.uk/

I don't know how available they are outside the UK but I have seen the odd thing on E-bay.

I just wanted to share this with everyone becasue I love these 2 sites and I wish I could buy everything from them!

Cheers,
Vanessa

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That's a great site. I can't figure out if they ship to the states:(, I've sent them an email, hopefully I will hear back soon, they have a lot of lovely products. I use Bigelow Rose Cream. I used to get it at Bath and Body Works, but they seem to no longer sell it:( I can order it directly from the company, but I hate to pay $5 shipping on an item that only cost $15 and that I used to be able to pick up right down the street. They do have a few other products that I wanted to try, so I guess if I ordered them the shipping price wouldn't seem so bad. But all I really want is the lotion, and I shouldn't needlessly buy other items to make up for the shipping charges, for in the end, I'll end up spending more money, just for a container of cold cream!! Does this make any sense??:D

I have thought about buying the ingredients to make my own lotions. I have made my own soap in the past. I like being able to control the amount of fragrance that goes into it. Anyway, TexasDrone sells some interesting products to make your own lotion and has lots of neat lotion recipes! I think it would be fun to give it a try, but I don't know how messy it is, and I think I would want to buy a cheap set of pots and pans so I don't risk ruining my nice ones. Does anyone else make their own lotion?

KaitlynDawn

New in Town
Vanessa Anne said:
I found a fab brand of perfumes/lotions when I went to one of my fave beauty stores here in the UK "Rose and Co."

http://www.rose-apothecary.co.uk/index.html

The brand is Berkeley Square. They have re-created four scents from the 1920's. I've fallen in love with the Fig and Cherry line.

http://www.bsquare.co.uk/

I don't know how available they are outside the UK but I have seen the odd thing on E-bay.

I just wanted to share this with everyone becasue I love these 2 sites and I wish I could buy everything from them!

Cheers,
Vanessa

Ohh... they sell Paul and Joe, too, which has KILLER packaging. Very vintage inspired, and alot of it is in resusable packaging.

P144235_hero.jpg

P59203_hero.jpg

P136305_hero.jpg

You can buy it at Sephora.com, too.

Vanessa Anne

Familiar Face
Bigelow Rose Cream

Hi Daisy,

:eek:fftopic: I've been having a nosy at all your photos that are on that link under your signature. Wow, the Queen Mary looks amazing!

And the clothes are to die for!

However, back on topic... you may have more luck ordering the Bigelow Rose Cream from this American site:

http://www.bigelowchemists.com/index.php/cPath/356_364?osCsid=38828a2a487da0e08684ea69c94ffea8

I once tried doing the whole make your own products stuff but they go off really quickly if you don't store them in the fridge and of course because they are not on hand in the bathroom they never got used so in the end they went green and furry!lol

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Vanessa Anne said:
Hi Daisy,

:eek:fftopic: I've been having a nosy at all your photos that are on that link under your signature. Wow, the Queen Mary looks amazing!

And the clothes are to die for!

However, back on topic... you may have more luck ordering the Bigelow Rose Cream from this American site:

http://www.bigelowchemists.com/index.php/cPath/356_364?osCsid=38828a2a487da0e08684ea69c94ffea8

I once tried doing the whole make your own products stuff but they go off really quickly if you don't store them in the fridge and of course because they are not on hand in the bathroom they never got used so in the end they went green and furry!lol

Thank You so much Vanessa Anne!! I appreciate it:D

And thanks for the heads up about making lotion. I don't think I'm actually gonna do it, it just seems like a lot of work and buy the time I buy all the ingredients to do it I will have spent more money than if I just went and bought something already made!

Lotus Leroux

One of the Regulars
For those gals who live in the U.S., I just bought a bottle of the Rose Petal lotion from The Berkeley Square at TJ Maxx. It was on clearance for only $5.00! I have noticed that TJ Maxx tends to sell some body products that are imported from places such as the UK and Australia. The lotion smells so good and I am looking forward to trying it! :)

Kitty_Sheridan

Practically Family
How weird!!!
We tend to get your stuff here in the UK!
I used to really like something called Loves Baby Soft (oh how tragic of me) :( but the only time I found it over here is in TK Maxx!
(I used to buy it when I went out with an American chap)

Vanessa Anne

Familiar Face
Loves Baby Soft

Oh my goodness!

I used to have that stuff when I was a kid (I'm originally from Canada - not U.K.) My mom used to buy it, I remember you could buy it in different colours as well!

What a great memory that's brought back!

I'm going to look it up on the internet now :)

Sweet Polly Purebred

A-List Customer
Kitty_Sheridan said:
Loves Baby Soft (oh how tragic of me) :(

Wow! Now THAT's a blast from the past!

Back to topic .. the jars are stunning .. Reminds me of my nana's powder jar and the solid perfumes that she used to have.

Do any of you make your own lotions, creams, soaps, etc? I'm taking a summer course starting in July to learn the basics. Ultimately I really want to bring back the solid perfume lockets and rings.

StraightSeamGal

New in Town
Ooo they have a Rose & Co near to my home, in the city centre of Leeds, i love the shop, everything is so beautiful.
Its filled with antique furniture and perfum bottles and cold creams etc. They stock Anna Sui make up which is my favourite.
It's very boudoir-esque with feathers and lace and velvet everywhere.

They also have a hairdressers downstairs and the girls there wear the cutest pink uniform dresses.
They even have 'Cut Throat' mens razors,one of which i got my hubby at Xmas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo