Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage leather 3/4 coats

JerseyJones

Vendor
Hey all,

Despite my love of Wested's, I am in the market for a leather 3/4 length coat that looks cool, like an old motorcycle coat or police coat. It has to cover my suit jackets for work.

Custom is fine, but does anyone have suggestions ?

Thanks
Ken

Michaelson

One Too Many
Though not leather, Pendleton mades a WONDERFUL 3/4 length wool car coat. I have one I wear when driving the old Plymouth, and man, it does the job. Period correct too! Regards. Michaelson

rick5150

One of the Regulars
Definitely go with Ghost Motor Clothes.

I bought a jacket that was a bit too tight and asked for a particular style and included a picture of what I wanted. Here is the response from Cragg:

We have hundreds of jackets that are not on the website. Most of them are not restored yet, but some are. We can pull one that is not restored and do it for you. The style that you have pictured is a 1940's aviation or sporting style. Most all are brown horsehide with slight variations. We have many of these. Refurbished, they run from $400.00 to about $475.00. If you like, we can put together an email with photos of some in about your size. Let us know what you want to do!

It looks like customer service is a high priority and this is as close as I will get to owning a piece of history. Pretty darn close to a custom-made order on a vintage jacket...

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Another suggestion...

Try the Brooklands Coat from Eastmans, or the Barnstormer, from Aero Leather (it's bullet proof leather!), see pic:

JerseyJones

Vendor
After a lengthy process of correspondence with Peter Botwright and his intrepid crew, I am awaiting a custom deisgned 3/4 coat intended to be worn over my suit jackets.

Its in horsehide and I am trying to be patient ! :D

I will post pix when I get it !

Ken

Michaelson

One Too Many
You never TOLD me that this project was on going, Ken, you sly dog! :eek: ;) Looking forward to hearing/seeing the result of THIS particular jacket!!High regards. Michaelson

JerseyJones

Vendor
Originally posted by Michaelson
You never TOLD me that this project was on going, Ken, you sly dog! :eek: ;) Looking forward to hearing/seeing the result of THIS particular jacket!!High regards. Michaelson

I can't give up all my secrets ! ;) :D

I am overdue on it a month almost, but I am sure it will be worth the wait !

Pix will come quickly, I assure you.

It is kind of wild that I will have the Ken Spassione / JerseyJones Jacket pattern at Wested ! Cool ! :cool2:

K/JJ

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ