Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Makeup Favorites

SarahLouise

Practically Family
kerry said:
Hi Ladies, Do any Uk ladies know where I could buy Coty powder in the Uk?
Thanks
Kerryxxx
Ps Happy New Year to you all!

As far as I'm aware it's not available in the UK but try Ebay. I bought some from Ebay US for about £3 (not including shipping) which is really cheap! I wasn't too sure which shade would be best as I'm quite pale so got one in translucent (which seems to be the most popular choice here) and also one in rachel which is a pale ivory shade. So many ladies here recommend Coty so it must be good!

kerry

One of the Regulars
Thanks ladies. Thanks Nashoba, thats really kind of you:) . I have a friend coming over from the states in a couple of weeks. I'm going to ask him to pick some up for me.
Is walmart the best place for him to go for it?

Audrey Horne

Practically Family
kerry said:
Thanks ladies. Thanks Nashoba, thats really kind of you:) . I have a friend coming over from the states in a couple of weeks. I'm going to ask him to pick some up for me.
Is walmart the best place for him to go for it?
I've seen the largest selection at Walmart. I've also seen it at Walgreens and CVS but usually only in translucent. I love the translucent though!

*As a side note, if anyone living outside the US has a specific request for something, PM me and I'd probably be willing to ship it to you at cost.

Fleur de vanité

New in Town

I like to use CoverGirl Advanced Radiance Foundation in Classic Ivory then I pat CoverGirl TruBlend Translucent Fair Loose Powder over my foundation.

For blush I use CoverGirl Cheekers Blush in Pretty Peach

I absolutely love smokey eyes...I do so many from blues to greens to purples and browns. I mainly use Avon brand eyeshadow,because it's pretty cheap and the colors are highly pigmented,although I would love to try some of the Mac eyeshadows but they are so expensive. Sometimes I'll just use a shimmery peach all over my lid,followed by a line of black liquid eyeliner and a set of false lashes.

For lipstick Oh,I have so many approximately 40-50 colors....I like to use Revlon Cherries In The Snow,Fire & Ice,and Certainly Red.

For my eyebrows I just sweep a light coating of brown/black macara and extend my arch with a dark brown eyeliner pencil.

SarahLouise

Practically Family
I've got a tub of Coty Airspun in translucent extra coverage that is too dark for me and was wondering if any UK ladies would like to take it off my hands? I've only tested it with a clean brush. I'd ask for a few quid since I got it from the US and to cover postage.

kerry

One of the Regulars
I bought some Bourjois compact powder today and it's lovely! My hubby even commented on how nice my skin looked, it really evened out my skin tone.

BlancheDubois

Familiar Face
Today I found a special display of Coty Airspun loose face powder at K.Mart. It's the first time in a few years that I've seen so many different shades of it available in one place.

I've been using Airspun in Translucent but I bought the Naturelle because it's the very pale shade that I used to wear for years until I couldn't find it anymore.

olive bleu

One Too Many
I cannot buy Coty powder in this one horse town, and i decided to order some from The Vermont Country Store...as i have not used this particular powder before I have no clue as to which color i should order.I am currently using an Ivory , but i could safely go a little bit darker than that and be ok.Any advice?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leatherpatch