Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage N3B parka question

Phantomfixer

Practically Family
Scored this beauty at the local thrift store, along with 68 dated jungle boots. The question... When was it made? The tag was cut out by the stitches, no damage to the parka lining. It is made of nylon with the winged star on the shoulder. It has the 02 mask tab, something I have only seen on B-15s and MA1s. Very cool. It is mint condition. It has the wolf hair hood too. No wear at all. The hood strap is still in the stowed position, slid all the way up. I am guessing, only guessing very early 60's. Any experts on the N3B out there??
IMG_1661.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_1662.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_1663.jpg
[/IMG]

Danny L

New in Town
What kind of zipper does it have? If it has Crown zippers, then it could be a A, B or C model black label. In that condition, they fetch anywhere from $275 up to $400 on ebay. If it has Conmar zippers, it's most likely a D model. I had a D model in similar condition that I sold for $350 last year on ebay. Your jacket is a true gem as evident by the paint on the snaps and overall appearance. The early N-3Bs with the O2 tabs are highly sought after more so than the ones without.

As for what year? I'm not exactly sure since I don't have those nifty Japanese books that list the contract dates. My guess is either '58, '59 or 60.

Hope this helps and congrats on the nice pickup.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR