Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage neon signs

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
EFE3135B-423E-4335-91E8-266892C04B32.jpeg
CCB36288-BA92-4AC3-A8C1-584BE9DA39FB.jpeg

DD801D6C-BA81-4D75-9C1C-5CE01CB5D303.jpeg

I have never made any secret of the fact that if I allowed myself to, I would spend most of my days in bars like this. Usually quiet, always cool, dry and dark. I haven't allowed it in many years, but regardless of the known hazards and flaws the desire is always there.

I am fortunate in that through no effort on my part, I don't have an addictive personality (I am absolutely not saying you do - your post just prompted a thought about what I like) as I can drink or not. That said, once in a blue moon, I enjoy tucking myself into a bar like you described (and like the pics I posted) for a ball game (on a normal-sized screen discretely installed - not a "sports bar") as a perfect way to spend an afternoon. Beer if it's hot out, Irish coffees if very cold out.

Edit add: and if the bar's cold air in the summer is provided by a noisy and very old air conditioning installed through the transom above the bar door - all the better.

3fingers

One Too Many
The Bond Clothes sign across the street was massive. A couple of miles of neon tube plus a waterfall. Not to mention the giant nude figures on the ends.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo