Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Pattern WANTED list

hailey greenhat

A-List Customer
Not our era, but ever since I bought a pair of two toned flats, I've thinking of what they would go with and the 60s buzz hit me again.

Butterick3287FSize12.jpg

PattiBoydwearingMaryQuantdresswitht.jpg

Here's Pattie Boyd with the dress

& another cute 60s dress:
il_430xN.149191924.jpg
And The Stones! :D Plus Mary Quant is amazing <3

Goldfish

A-List Customer
the sixties (and lanvin) are my weakness...

Is there any chance of finding similar patterns to these Vintage Vogue ones?
I can't see myself paying that much for a pattern anywhere in the near future ...

467px-Vogue1226a.jpg

Vogue1254a.jpg

(sleeveless blouse with bow)

470px-VPO1478f.jpg

@HepKitty
Judging from your avatar pic you have the most amazing skin!

shazzabanazza

Practically Family
Hi all :)

Im into collecting vintage patterns and Im about to sew my first vintage dress. I have a Butterick pattern (repro) for a 1952 dress.

There is a really nice Simplicity one I want: 3045. It was on Trademe months ago and I bid on it but someone bid $1 dollar higher then me and I dipped out on it :(

Amie

One of the Regulars
Right now I'm searching for the perfect 50s housecoat pattern. Big pockets required.

SweetieStarr

A-List Customer
Hi Ladies,

I haven't been on here in forever! Nice to see all of you again. I am looking for a pattern and I'm sure there must be one out there for this, but have not been able to find it in my Etsy searches.
I want to make this dress that Gina Lollobrigida wore in Come September.
Any help for a pattern would be great - thanks!!!
gldress1.jpg

gldress2.jpg
[/IMG]

W-D Forties

Practically Family
Pattern for high waisted trousers?

I'm currently doing a short basic garment construction course and want to make myself a pair of high waisted wide legged trousers, side buttoning. I have murder with trousers as I am 'petite' (read, short!).

Can any Loungers in the UK reccommend a commercial pattern for these? I have looked but can't find anything suitable and I want one I can just buy over the counter if possible.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Do you have access to modern Vogue patterns? 2988 is a great high waisted trouser. It has a back zip, but once you have the pattern fitted properly, it would be easy to change it to side buttons. Simplicity has two repro trousers patterns, 3688 with a waist band and 4044 with no waistband. They are both side zip, but again, once the fit is perfected, it's easy to change that zip to buttons.

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
Check out EvaDress.com. She has a few patterns for high, wide-legged trousers. My wife has made the 30s dungarees and 30s side-button trousers, and has another pattern for the 40s style. Great patterns, and the shipping to the UK is not bad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko