Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Photos of Kids in Hats

No kidding. Betcha I can guess what he wanted for Christmas.

I thought maybe it was some better looking boots.

1680039691664.png

This handsome young feller in this 60’s photo here with his sister and faithful furry companion thought he would grow up to take Chuck Conners place on the Rifleman but alas never made it further than Buckeye AZ.
View attachment 504458

Now I know who wrote to the town council. It was you!

https://www.grantcountybeat.com/2-general/50670-where-oh-where-is-north-fork

"To close, there is a gentleman that keeps calling our office. His first inquiry was about the ranch where Lucas McCain and his son lived in the television western show – The Rifleman. The ranch was supposed to be located near the fictional town of North Fork, New Mexico. This gentleman has decided North Fork, New Mexico is close to Silver City. We keep saying that North Fork, New Mexico was a fictional town. The gentleman from another state continues believing it was near Silver City and wants us to share the secret with him… describing the location of North Fork, New Mexico. If you know something we don’t know about North Fork… please call our office at 538-3785."

Yamahana

One Too Many
Now I know who wrote to the town council. It was you!

https://www.grantcountybeat.com/2-general/50670-where-oh-where-is-north-fork

"To close, there is a gentleman that keeps calling our office. His first inquiry was about the ranch where Lucas McCain and his son lived in the television western show – The Rifleman. The ranch was supposed to be located near the fictional town of North Fork, New Mexico. This gentleman has decided North Fork, New Mexico is close to Silver City. We keep saying that North Fork, New Mexico was a fictional town. The gentleman from another state continues believing it was near Silver City and wants us to share the secret with him… describing the location of North Fork, New Mexico. If you know something we don’t know about North Fork… please call our office at 538-3785."
No not me. I’ve been to North Fork with the Rifleman and his son Mark on several occasions but had to take a vow of secrecy to not divulge the location.

Looks like most all of us wanted to grow up to be cowboys. Not sure now what I'll be if and when I grow up.

I don't ever recall having a cowboy get-up, or really wanting to be a cowboy (Lucas McCain notwithstanding). When I was 7-8, I wanted to be an oceanographer; by the time I was 12, I had my sights set on being a lawyer (I got over that).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21