Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Photos of Kids in Hats

I remember when occasionally there would be some gent walking around the neighborhood with a pony and a camera, offering to take photos of your child on the pony. That top one reminds me of that.

Somewhere, there is a pic of my sister and me sitting on one out in front of our house. Pretty sure I'm not wearing a hat or any six-shooters, though.

Yamahana

One Too Many
My mom Fay and her twin brother Jay, early 30’s.
This was their own pony.
11930100_mother-jay-on-horse_902.jpeg

Last edited:
I remember when occasionally there would be some gent walking around the neighborhood with a pony and a camera, offering to take photos of your child on the pony. That top one reminds me of that.

Somewhere, there is a pic of my sister and me sitting on one out in front of our house. Pretty sure I'm not wearing a hat or any six-shooters, though.
Not familiar with that practice. Today that gent might be thought of as a pedo. Growing up in a rural setting just outside of a small town there were more kids with ponies than had TV sets. But TV sets were not a priority as we were too far from any major city that might have the 3 stations.

Not familiar with that practice. Today that gent might be thought of as a pedo. Growing up in a rural setting just outside of a small town there were more kids with ponies than had TV sets. But TV sets were not a priority as we were too far from any major city that might have the 3 stations.

I grew up in a plat housing neighborhood just outside the city limits. I don't think one was in the neighborhood after the 60s. Yeah, that guy would get the cops called on him now.

Or PETA.

No hat, but closing the loop on this. My sister texted this to me this morning. Either '64 or '65, be cause we had aluminum siding put on the house in '65, along with a front patio and new picture window.

IMG_20231003_104843.jpg

Sorry, no hat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk