Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Photos of Leather Jackets

mr_lits

A-List Customer
unnamed-22.jpg

TPD166

One Too Many
Any additional info about this picture? My Mother's cousin, an AAF Navigator, was shot down on a mission over Cologne, on 14 Oct 44 (755th BS, 458th BG, 8th AF) and taken prisoner by the Germans. The ship he was on (not his regular plane) was a B-24J, the "Jolly Roger."

Last edited:

BobJ

Practically Family
The guy wearing the grizzly is the tallest, strongest, handsomest, happiest, and most friendly one of the group. He's got the coolest hat and the coolest boots. Plus... he's the only one not wearing a tie. He's got the broadest shoulders, and he's the man the rest of them wish they were.

It takes a special man to wear a grizzly.

thor

One Too Many
Any additional info about this picture? My Mother's cousin, an AAF Navigator, was shot down on a mission over Cologne, on 14 Oct 44 (755th BS, 458th BG, 8th AF) and taken prisoner by the Germans. The ship was on (not his regular plane) he was on was a B-24J, the "Jolly Roger."
I believe the Jolly Roger in the photo you mentioned (of the A-2 jacket with the Jolly Roger patch) pertains to a particular unit of the 90th BG, 319th BS in the 5th Air Force that flew in the Pacific Theater of Operations and not to an individual aircraft named "Jolly Roger".
IMG_5451.JPG
IMG_5452.JPG

Last edited:
The guy wearing the grizzly is the tallest, strongest, handsomest, happiest, and most friendly one of the group. He's got the coolest hat and the coolest boots. Plus... he's the only one not wearing a tie. He's got the broadest shoulders, and he's the man the rest of them wish they were.

It takes a special man to wear a grizzly.

You're right about the grizzly guy, he seems like a nice guy. Also, could be he's the only one doing any actual work at the farm or wherever they are. The stiffs seem to be really unhappy to be standing with the animals there.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Check out the grizzly on the fellow second from the right. Colorado Agricultural Experiment Station. 1931.

UHPCSNP_6580.jpg
The photo was taken at the Colorado Agricultural Collage & Experimental Station in Fort Collins, Colorado. I suspect, the Grizzly owner is a student and the man to his left is his professor. The others are probably ranchers there to learn about the 1931 bulletin on how to fatten up your lambs.

Technonut

Practically Family
Not sure if it's one of Mr. Lebman's creations, but more info on the full-auto 1911.

http://www.guns.com/2012/09/26/lebman-1911-machine-pistol/

Any additional info about this picture? My Mother's cousin, an AAF Navigator, was shot down on a mission over Cologne, on 14 Oct 44 (755th BS, 458th BG, 8th AF) and taken prisoner by the Germans. The ship he was on (not his regular plane) was a B-24J, the "Jolly Roger."

Interesting read regarding Mr. Lebman and the full-auto 1911.... Thanks! :)

The photo with the dog was taken from my collection of over a thousand period pics starring the A-2. I have no info beyond the pic it's self. Sorry I can't be of more help...

TPD166

One Too Many
One of my favorite movies is “Paper Moon” (1973) and the great John Hillerman wore a nice leather jacket in one of his two roles in the movie, Sheriff Hardin. His Deputy also wore a leather jacket. Hillerman’s jacket appears to be A-2 styled, but has a snap at the collar. The Deputy’s jacket is police-styled with hand-warmer pockets and leather cuffs/waistband.

Reactions: A-1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21