Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Photos of Leather Jackets

Peter Bowden

Practically Family
Maybe not vintage but I love this picture

Attachments

• Gregg Allman.jpg
    Gregg Allman.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 1,436

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 235393
Looks like a bunch of A-1 jackets? Photo states it’s 1930; I believe Spaulding Sporting Goods did make leather jackets back in the 1930’s so perhaps they had some commercial copy of the military A-1 and sold them to civilians and sports teams?
The knit collars seem the wrong shape for A-1 jackets, at least from photos I've seen here and in books. I hope some of our A-1 experts will weigh in.

Incidentally, four players appear to be wearing early Chuck Taylors, which were like Model T's: only available in black.

Yamahana

One Too Many
My father on the right in the leather jacket and his brother John with a plane they had built just before the war started. My father was a B-17 tail gunner and completed his tour of 36 missions. John became a Navy Frogman who were the 1st of the Navy SEALS died at Normandy beach on D-Day. Both are hero’s of mine even though I haven’t met my uncle John yet.
C4CEFCC3-4A0A-4320-8E0D-CF158CFEC24C.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112