Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Pics in your vintage threads!

The Wingnut

One Too Many
Finally getting in on this thread...here's a shot from the Art Deco Society of California's 2005 Gatsby Picnic.

'30s herringbone(rare as hen's teeth!) Palm Beach suit, ventilated cap-toe '30s spectators, Royal Stetson cuenca panama, '30s bow tie(crooked...need to learn how to tie them better) and a pink Riley-collared shirt(yikes...bought it to match my date's dress!).

gatsby_01.jpg

gatsby_02.jpg

The mustache died a spectactular death-by-clipper a few days later. Grew it out three weeks for just that day, and couldn't stand it much longer after that!

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
AJ..what a dapper gent you are..!!

And who's the honey? she's just gorgeous and looks great in her 30's garb!! I'm totally in awe of you guys, who have managed to collect such fine examples to wear of those vintage times. You really have captured a moment in time (please no bursting into a Whitney Houston song!!) I have toyed with the idea of a moustache if I could get it to look like a Douglas Fairbanks or Erroll Flynn!! but the reality is that the rest of my features just would never match up to the debonair and handsome look of those dashing fellows! I'm rather handsomeless, but hopefully fine attire & good manners will make up for that!! lol. :)

As ever AJ, you just put the biggest smile on my face with those glorious shots!

The Wingnut

One Too Many
Ah, the lady...uh.

Well, she's really something special, but doesn't think the same of me. Got shot down in flames the next night over the phone. We'd been dating for 3 months and spent many long hours on the phone, but I was told I was 'too eager'. I cranked the charm up too high for her liking that day, I guess.

*sigh*

Thanks for the kind words! Here's a shot in uniform, although it's a few years old...I've lost a bit of hair in the temples. I really need some newer photos. Having grown my mustache out and removed it, I'm of the opinion that I look better clean-shaven.

27.jpg

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Too Eager Indeed

That's right up there with the "My mother likes you too much" I once got.

Great pictures, you both looked great! I think you have the haircut nailed.

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
LOVE the pictures! Vanessa and I are toying with the idea of going to the Gatsby Picnic next year. Another member of the lounge, DecoDoll, was there as well. It seems like San Fransisco has some of the coolest events!

And love the signiture, BTW! I'm not Retro, I'm Vintage. Great stuff.

The Wingnut

One Too Many
Thanks, Lauren! The Gatsby is definitely worth the trip, if you can afford it. I get in free...the little rosette on my lapel in those pics means I was a volunteer. I was the first guy people encountered when approaching the front gate. I'm the epitome of 'Datin' with No Dough'. Maybe that's my problem...I took my baby uptown, to show her that I had some class...the drink tab I could not pay, and I ended the date with with a foot up my @$$!

DecoDoll and I have known each other for a few years on another site, that girl can sew like nobody's business! We shared a picnic at last year's Gatsby.

I put in my sig line after much frustration with people saying 'Wow, that's really retro' when I pulled my best vintage stuff out of the closet. To me, 'retro' denotes modern stuff that's trying to look old. I've become a vintage snob recently...I only cut corners where I have to. I evicted my last modern (and most expensive) suit from my closet six months ago when it became apparent that I needed room for the real stuff.

Few more pics...these should probably go in the WWII forum, but, heck...

47.jpg

60.jpg

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Good looking Army Air Corp photos Wingnut. Might I suggest adding a touch of magenta to the color photo to give it a little more period early 1940's color to it? My uncle Phil was an aerial photographer for the 8th & got to fly and shoot photographs in several B-17 bombing runs. Some really great shots.
I have to say the photo's with the mustache, make you look like Eric Idle. No offence intended. The clothing is stunning though. Great backdrop as well.

Cheers!

Dan

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Wingnut....I lower my wheels to you..!

I know when I'm outgunned by superior forces!! :cheers1: Absolutely corking pictures guys!! (and I liked your aging on AJ's pic there BT)

Wild Root

Gone Home
Not bad BT, but, in my humble opinion, it looks be a little on the red side. Just a little much on the sepia tone, that's just me thought. The age tecnique is rather good!

Root.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy