Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage pictures of wild patterned sweaters

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
EdwardRigbyampJumper_zps8d396080.jpg

knitwear1_zps9d890ac1.jpg

Love these!!!!
You guys inspired me to buy a fair isle off of eBay last week.
Now I need to find a striped tie and windowpane sport coat to go with it.......

Luftwaffles

One of the Regulars
A little update on the scarf (I'm making it for my boyfriend who moved to Raleigh as a gift). After several hours on this attempt and many a failure before it, I'm making headway!

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
That's an odd choice of design. The aeroplane is heading downwards and it has parachutes around it - suggesting the crew has baled out!

vintage.vendeuse

A-List Customer
That's an odd choice of design. The aeroplane is heading downwards and it has parachutes around it - suggesting the crew has baled out!

An interesting observation!

Editing to add: Perhaps the parachutes are the crew members that have bailed out of the enemy planes that were shot down. :)

Last edited:

Metatron

One Too Many
Funny, but the bail-out scenario didn't occur to me because the P-38 is a single seat aircraft, so those would be way too many parachutes!
Maybe they are all Japanese pilots that the P-38 just shot down. :p

bluerelish

New in Town
Hello! I do like all those in line vintage sweaters featured here. I also look at them as valuable because of its classic and attractive designs. What seems to be great here is, vintage sweaters are recognize nowadays and even worn during special events, such as parties that require those kind.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner