Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

VIntage Resistol 7/14

Mad Hatter

New in Town
I've had this hat for years and it might be time to give it a new home as frankly I've not lived the lifestyle or dressed western for many years. I bought it in the 70's when I Worked for a local outfitter Riley and McCormick, and the retail price at that time was in the $225.00 range. As staff, we were given a discount and encouraged to dress western given we host the Calgary Stampede. It is a Silver Belly colored Resistol stagecoach edition which is about the same level as a Stetson 4x It's had lot of use on the trail and in honky tonks but still in great shape as any hat of quality will be. I changed the edge and head banding years ago as the original woven edge frayed and our local hatter Smithbuilt, did the alterations to their high standard. The hat has the original patina and age which makes a vintage stetson so appealing. I'd be open to a trade for a fedora in similar condition as well as any offers.

Resistol.JPG

RJR

I've had this hat for years and it might be time to give it a new home as frankly I've not lived the lifestyle or dressed western for many years. I bought it in the 70's when I Worked for a local outfitter Riley and McCormick, and the retail price at that time was in the $225.00 range. As staff, we were given a discount and encouraged to dress western given we host the Calgary Stampede. It is a Silver Belly colored Resistol stagecoach edition which is about the same level as a Stetson 4x It's had lot of use on the trail and in honky tonks but still in great shape as any hat of quality will be. I changed the edge and head banding years ago as the original woven edge frayed and our local hatter Smithbuilt, did the alterations to their high standard. The hat has the original patina and age which makes a vintage stetson so appealing. I'd be open to a trade for a fedora in similar condition as well as any offers.

View attachment 69043
This probably should be in "Classifieds" and include dimensions,size,etc.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up

View attachment 69043
I checked the classifieds to see if the hat was reposted there before I replied, but anyway....if you want a fedora why not make one out of that hat you have? You have plenty of hat to work with and it'll ending being something you'll start wearing again.

Here's a Resistol Stagecoach in Silverbelly that I just finished converting over to a fedora. I reblocked the crown and gave it a Teardrop crease, 4 3/4 at the pinch with a rake sloping to 4 1/4 at the back. I also cut the brim down to 2 3/4 and reflanged it...afterwards I sewed on a thin ribbon with a campaign style bow.

Tallboy_Silverbelly_3.jpg
Tallboy_Silverbelly_4.jpg

Tallboy_Silverbelly_5.jpg
Tallboy_Silverbelly_2.jpg
Tallboy_Silverbelly_6.jpg

Here's another Stagecoach I finished up a couple of weeks ago. This one is a Chestnut color...same dimensions as the Silverbelly except I put a six ply mid ribbon on this one...

Chestnut_SC_Conversion_6.jpg
IMG_4976.jpg

IMG_4977.jpg
Chestnut_SC_Conversion_2.jpg

I checked the classifieds to see if the hat was reposted there before I replied, but anyway....if you want a fedora why not make one out of that hat you have? You have plenty of hat to work with and it'll ending being something you'll start wearing again.

Here's a Resistol Stagecoach in Silverbelly that I just finished converting over to a fedora. I reblocked the crown and gave it a Teardrop crease, 4 3/4 at the pinch with a rake sloping to 4 1/4 at the back. I also cut the brim down to 2 3/4 and reflanged it...afterwards I sewed on a thin ribbon with a campaign style bow.

Here's another Stagecoach I finished up a couple of weeks ago. This one is a Chestnut color...same dimensions as the Silverbelly except I put a six ply mid ribbon on this one...

IMG_4976.jpg

IMG_4977.jpg
+1 A new life!

fetching

New in Town
Do you have folding instructions for this style bow? I am trying to reverse engineer it but can't see enough detail in the pics.

Thanks!

IMG_4976.jpg

IMG_4977.jpg
Mr Jones, you are an artist!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran