Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage/Retro Cosmetic brands?

Frenchy56

A-List Customer
I know someone mentioned Bourjois a while back, and I fell in love with their blusher all over again today! Years ago I used to wear their Little Round Pot blush in shade 48 (Cendre de Rose Brune). I don't really know why I stopped, but after reading about it on here I vowed to buy it again, and now I remember why I love it! It smells AMAZING, has a lovely texture that blends and applies beautifully, is really pigmented so lasts for ages, even though the pot is small. It's a little pricey, but blush seems to last months even with daily use, so I suppose it's justifiable...! Also, I never had the issue of the pot breaking as a lot of people have said in reviews.

The shade itself is great too- it's a matte medium rosy pink, but it doesn't look flat as you might expect- it looks very natural even when worn with red lips. Aaah, I'm so glad this thread reminded me! :D

Buoyed by that rediscovery, I've treated myself to one of their famous LRP eyeshadows- shade 8, Rose Beige. Hoping it will be a nice shimmery alternative to my regular matte eyeshadow (MUA shade 17). Seems like the eyeshadow and blush is what made Bourjois famous, and they're also the two oldest products in their range.

Last edited:

Grnidwitch

A-List Customer
I think you'll like it FWG. I use it as a concealer at the corners of my eyes. I'm very fair skinned and the blue really shows through in those areas. I do find that it's alittle too heavie for the rest of my face. I'm at that age where my pores are big enough to drive a bus into them [huh] and I use powder foundation in those areas.

I just got a couple tubes of the infamous and much-coveted Max Factor Pan-Stik through MUA swaps. I can't wait to try it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner