Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage roadside

20230429_120958.jpg

Papa Joe's firework at the Eastaboga exit near the Talladega Speedway. Appeared to be closed down and gutted out. The old Stuckey's across the street has been rebranded a Sunoco, but was going strong, AND we found some pecan logs to snack on.

No, I don’t know the location, but I’d be not at all surprised if it’s somewhere in the American Southwest. And I wouldn’t be at all surprised to learn the tables and chairs were placed there for the photo shoot.

View attachment 592748
Very cool. However, don't be surprised either if it turns out to be an impressive work of AI generated art. The nonsense lettering on all the signage, including the building in the background, is a pretty sure giveaway. It seems to me that the machines are much more adept at rendering buildings and cars than they are humans. So far, anyway.

^^^^^^^
It appears we all will be getting an education in such matters in the near future. Here’s hoping the damage we suffer while gaining that education isn’t too severe.

Maybe I’m naive, but I’m less fearful of these technologies than many. There’s artifice in all our communications technologies, and always has been. A representation of a thing has never been the thing itself, which is not so say that certain representations don’t more closely mirror reality than others.

Screenshot_20240307_172006_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20240307_172034_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20240307_172057_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20240307_172151_Instagram.jpg

I found some more examples of AI generated images, since we've gone down that rabbit hole. Fantasy art. It's pretty cool, but I can see the potential for abuse. These were created by an artist on instagram who goes by the handle apastreimagined, in case you're interested to look at any more. There's no shortage of it out there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner