Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage shirt swap thread

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
Please feel free to delete in not appropriate but it's come to my attention that we all must have some older shirts that don't fit us?
I've several in smaller collar sizes 15.5" and a few in 16" including a detachable collar cracking full dress shirt complete with marcella front and waistcoat tab.

I'm thinking just straight swaps plus obviously postage.

I'll post pictures soon when it stops blowing and if we deem the thread viable...mods?

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
Ok first up is this cream 1950's? cotton/ linen cotton? shirt, collar is a 14 1/2", chest roughly a 40"
1z3uhr5.jpg
21jcglk.jpg

2iu6o9x.jpg
4tq6m9.jpg

2qtbexf.jpg
2z4wetx.jpg

gusseted to sides and cuffs, buttons appear to be MOP, no marks tears or rips in fact it doesn't appear to have had much wear at all and the fabric is still a bit stiff ...linen?

Last edited:

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
Next is a collarless 'Meakers' 'Kingdum'of Piccadily this is a 60's shirt according to the chap I bought it off, he bought it whilst working in London during the early 60's apparently....15 1/2" collar and again roughly a 40" chest
Condition is again very good save some wear to the French cuffs but no fraying, it's on the very edge of the cuff so couldn't really be seen or if really bneeded you could get the cuffs turned as the backs are immaculate or replaced with white cuffs which would then match whatever collar you can find and there's plenty around in that size, I'd certainly wear it if it fitted me!
2ymgcas.jpg
15wh3tj.jpg

here's the only mark I can find on it which may come out with a bit of oxyclean etc
2ns6n44.jpg

and the inside of the cuffs,
69izq9.jpg
ff3i3d.jpg

2ii7mf8.jpg
apart from the cuffs there's little wear at all and the cloth is lovely striped pattern

Last edited:

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
And last one and my personal favourite, how I wish this fit me but it's too snug and the collar is way too tight:-(
28whqg7.jpg
2me37v7.jpg

atksop.jpg
bgcsjn.jpg

1yrbl1.jpg
255m9e0.jpg

There is some light marking on this shirt in a few places, I gave it a wash on 30 degrees and most came out a good soak and another wash should remove the rest

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
and a few more;
98y6fd.jpg
2cf7io6.jpg

2qkj76h.jpg
4pxf8l.jpg

There is very little wear at all to this just some light marking in places, size is again roughly 40" with a 15" collar, gussets to sides and cuffs, fabric appears to be linen?
strangely it has no top button but two button holes that appear to be 100% original.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Drats, I would have attempted a swap for a few shirts my Husband has but your size is by far, too small! He wears a size 17 neck (16 1/2 may work but is tight) and a sleeve 35 inches long, chest has to be at least 44 inches or too tight. The shirts you have pictured are very nice shirts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff