Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage shopping in Berlin?

Tinseltown

A-List Customer
Hi girls,
I hope this is the right place to post this, if not, I sincerely apologize!

I am going to Berlin next week and would therefore like to know if anyone can recommend any good vintage shops (that aren't too filled up with 1980s horrors...). I won't have a lot of time to shop sadly, so I want to know exactly where to go. :D

Thanks in advance!

Laura Chase

One Too Many
Sadly, Berlin vintage shops are really stuffed with 80's stuff, just like here in Copenhagen. :( It's trendy.

There are many vintage shops in the entire area around Kastanie Alle and around the Eberswalder Straße metro station in Prenzlauer Berg.

I know there is also a good outdoor flea market in the weekends, but I can't remember the name. I'll ask a friend and get back to you.

ShrinkingViolet

A-List Customer
There's an antique market at the Friedrichstrasse S-Bahn station. I haven't been there myself, but I wish I'd gone there on my last trip to Berlin, instead of going through one gazillion stalls of defect walkie-talkies at the local flea market.
But surely some of the German lounge ladies know all the good places? :)

KAT

A-List Customer
many many flea markets but check out
http://www.glencheck-berlin.de/

calling her before is recommended, cause the store is not open 24/7
she doesnt have a cellphone i think so try calling the store to make sure when shes there.
she has some awesome stuff but quality has its price. I am fine paying more for good quality and fine rare vintage clothes.
HAVE FUN

"Skeet" McD

Practically Family
ShrinkingViolet said:
There's an antique market at the Friedrichstrasse S-Bahn station. I haven't been there myself, but I wish I'd gone there on my last trip to Berlin, instead of going through one gazillion stalls of defect walkie-talkies at the local flea market.
But surely some of the German lounge ladies know all the good places? :)

I've been there...and found it great. Problem is, as everyone knows...these things can change, and my experience was a good decade ago. But, for what it's worth...it was well worth a visit then.

"Skeet"

Lillemor

One Too Many
Vintage = 1980slol I know, I know...:( I thought it was bad enough when it was all mid 1960s-1970s.:rolleyes: Well, I'm trying to be happy for all of those who like the mid 60s and unward.

I don't know if this will be considered hi-jacking the thread but are there other German recommendations? Especially in the far north or the south? Fx. near Flensborg (north) or Waldenburg (I think it's in the south)?

KAT

A-List Customer
BellyTank said:
Off topic, I know...

Excuse me, Ladies but what about vintage shops in Hamburg..?
Specifically for menswear.

Thanks,

B
T

hey there! long time no see ;)
Ill be going to Hamburg in JUne.i can tell you then!;)

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
BellyTank - regarding Hamburg

Not vintage shops, but you HAVE to visit Hotel Vier Jahreszeite, it is the most beautiful hotel in Hamburg, their diningroom has a gorgeous art deco style (to my untrained eye) and they have the most amazing service! I was remembered by name when I dined in the restaurent a year after my first time there - and the food is exquisite.

helenhighwater

Familiar Face
There's some good bits about Berlin in the latest issue of Frauleinwunder Magazine (written in English, before you ask!). there look to be some smashing vintage-inspired places. I think there's somewhere called "Marlene & Her Daughter" which looked quite nice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo