Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage short wool jackets

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Finding originals is always an option.

Few and far between, on this side of the Atlantic.

beltback1_zps169ff2bc.jpg

If anyone finds an original of this, they'll be facing a horde of collectors at their door!

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
1937muncieindianaarnold.jpg

anybody know when the short (just below the trouser waistband) jacket came in ?

in my U.S. catalogues (currently 1918-24, and growing) there aren't any, apart from a couple of 'jerkins / vests with sleeves' which are something different.

Metatron

One Too Many
1937muncieindianaarnold.jpg

anybody know when the short (just below the trouser waistband) jacket came in ?

in my U.S. catalogues (currently 1918-24, and growing) there aren't any, apart from a couple of 'jerkins / vests with sleeves' which are something different.

Must have coincided with (to complement) the trend of higher waisted trousers in the 1930s.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
It's very much like those '30s alpacamelamadingdong overcoats. There's a content tag on it, mostly illegible, but it looks like it's about half new wool and half reprocessed wool.

Here's another old belt-back. Found a pack of Kool cigarettes in the pocket from 1944, so it hasn't been worn in a while.

cordwangler

One of the Regulars
The Time-Space Coordination & Realignment Group's Special Artefacts Unit has had him under observation for some time now ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy