Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Silhouettes Custom Hats - Official Affiliate Thread

whitey21

New in Town
Good evening,

This afternoon I had a conversation with Art about my specifications for a new custom hats. I was planning to email him some pictures, but cannot find his email address.

Does anyone know what Art's email is?

Thanks for the help!

Bill Hughes

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I sent this vintage Stetson XXX cowboy hat to VS Custom Hats to be converted to Whippet style fedora. I sent Art this picture of a Whippet I saw on eBay.

IMG_5141.jpg s-l1600.jpg

This is the result. How cool is that?

IMG_5950.jpg IMG_5951.jpg IMG_5952.jpg IMG_5953.jpg IMG_5954.jpg IMG_5955.jpg IMG_5956.jpg IMG_5957.jpg

I sent this vintage Stetson XXX cowboy hat to VS Custom Hats to be converted to Whippet style fedora. I sent Art this picture of a Whippet I saw on eBay.

View attachment 158714 View attachment 158715

View attachment 158716 View attachment 158717 View attachment 158718 View attachment 158719 View attachment 158720 View attachment 158721 View attachment 158722 View attachment 158723

Absolutely fantastic, Bill.

I sure hope whoever takes over VS keeps doing high quality repairs, conversions, etc. at the very reasonable prices Art charges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Dlaniger

View attachment 158716 View attachment 158717 View attachment 158718 View attachment 158719 View attachment 158720 View attachment 158721 View attachment 158722 View attachment 158723

Wow, looks fantastic! Complete make over into a fine dress hat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bill Hughes

I will miss Art's creations.....a skilled hand master.

I have a milan that should be delivered tomorrow and a dualists in que. I’m getting ready to place two more in que.

I have two in queue, but I’m struggling to find another that I want. I struck out with Confederate Grey, the old dye black cherry, and dove gray. I’m toying with a western vibe hat, but I can’t find the perfect style.

A dualist sounds fun. Did you source the straw hat part or is Art?

Bill Hughes

I have two in queue, but I’m struggling to find another that I want. I struck out with Confederate Grey, the old dye black cherry, and dove gray. I’m toying with a western vibe hat, but I can’t find the perfect style.

A dualist sounds fun. Did you source the straw hat part or is Art?

It’s all Art.

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Deadly, I have good news. I will be getting my Dove back very soon so let's put that back on the table. I haven't given up hope just yet.
Thanks for posting Bill, but I need to correct the record. I personally didn't do the conversion on your Stetson, my guy David Gibson did. He is really doing nice work so much of what is coming in re repairs, he is doing. Don't worry about who can and will do this work when I retire in Dec, David is just getting started.

Bill Hughes

Deadly, I have good news. I will be getting my Dove back very soon so let's put that back on the table. I haven't given up hope just yet.
Thanks for posting Bill, but I need to correct the record. I personally didn't do the conversion on your Stetson, my guy David Gibson did. He is really doing nice work so much of what is coming in re repairs, he is doing. Don't worry about who can and will do this work when I retire in Dec, David is just getting started.
Great to know. I have another I’m ready to send to David.

Thanks, Art. Now I need to figure out the Dove specifications. I’ve been looking at hats that @Short Balding Guy and @Rabbit have posted in the past. And I’m ready to send a few vintage hats to David for some TLC.

David Gibson

New in Town
Hello to all. My name is David Gibson.

I have enjoyed working on many of your projects over the last 5 years.

I haven’t posted on the lounge since it’s early beginning. I have somewhat of an aversion to electronic communications. To many years in corporate positions with a barrage of such. I and Art thought it time due to his impending retirement.

I look forward to working with you all in the future. Feel free to reach out with any questions.

I haven’t posted on the lounge since it’s early beginning. I have somewhat of an aversion to electronic communications. To many years in corporate positions with a barrage of such. I and Art thought it time due to his impending retirement.

I look forward to working with you all in the future. Feel free to reach out with any questions.
Are you taking over the shop?

Bill Hughes

Hi @David Gibson we’ve talked on the phone a few times. You just completed my Stetson XXX / Whippet conversion. I can most certainly vouch for your work. Thanks and welcome to the forum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points