Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Silhouettes Custom Hats - Official Affiliate Thread

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Hello to all. My name is David Gibson.

I have enjoyed working on many of your projects over the last 5 years.

I haven’t posted on the lounge since it’s early beginning. I have somewhat of an aversion to electronic communications. To many years in corporate positions with a barrage of such. I and Art thought it time due to his impending retirement.

I look forward to working with you all in the future. Feel free to reach out with any questions.

Hello, David, very very nice to meet you.

It's good to know that VS hats will continue to be made with the same overall goodness they have always been.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
I have a couple of VSs that I got second hand, both in pristine condition.

One of them can best be described as 'whiskey' colored, if that is a term Art uses. The other is lighter, and I don't know what to call it. I'll have to post a picture of it here, and hopefully Art, or someone can identify it for me.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
I have a couple of VSs that I got second hand, both in pristine condition.

One of them can best be described as 'whiskey' colored, if that is a term Art uses. The other is lighter, and I don't know what to call it. I'll have to post a picture of it here, and hopefully Art, or someone can identify it for me.

I've taken pictures of this hat in 4 locations, both indoors and out, and I can't get an accurate color reproduction.

In the meantime, re my other VS, does Art refer to a whiskey or chestnut colored hat as whiskey or chestnut?

nidan48

New in Town
I've taken pictures of this hat in 4 locations, both indoors and out, and I can't get an accurate color reproduction.

In the meantime, re my other VS, does Art refer to a whiskey or chestnut colored hat as whiskey or chestnut?
I got one that could be in that color group, it was coyote, little bit lighter and brighter than the whiskey,
at least in the swatches I got at the time.

Bill Hughes

My Mail is Forwarded Here
All right, thanks for that. I'll have to try some other setting to try to photograph these hats.
I don’t have a whiskey from Art but I do have a pecan. Don’t know if this will help but here are a few pictures.

AEB34597-E0D6-4974-B0E0-90B365DCFD3B.jpeg
186706C3-FD1F-4E6A-9DED-E1383C98419D.jpeg
34D77AE3-81A3-4F33-AF7E-8397953900EE.jpeg

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Unfortunately, some of Art’s proprietary colors are no longer available. Best to call and see what he has or can get. I was told that Dove is, or soon will be, available again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

We were referring to the color of an existing hat, not the purchase of a future one.

Having said that, Bill's three photos show the hat in three colors/shades of color. That hat could be the same as my darker one, but I don't know. I think that next weekend I will photograph my two VSes outside and see what turns up. Possibly the only person who would know for sure would be Art.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ