Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Silhouettes Custom Hats - Official Affiliate Thread

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
WOOHOO!!! A new color is in.
Behold, " Limestone"
This color right now is in Century felt and a new unnamed blend of beaver and Chinchilla. The blend is a project I am doing with Nick Foquet, formerly Westbrook Maker in Venice Ca, and I'm really excited about it. The first time I touched this felt I fell in love, you will too.

Limestone_1.jpg Limestone_2.jpg

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
Always hard to tell from a picture, but the color seems extremely versatile - love it's brown undertones! :)

I won't try to word-joggle in a to me foreign language, but knowing what chinchilla (and mink) can do to the hand of a beaver hat, the word "ethereal" keeps popping up - or maybe a derivative(?) It sure looks mouthwatering, Art!

elveston

Familiar Face
Cash for Clunkers

Art, you know I can't resist a bargain. And, I happen to have an almost new Akubra Kiandra western style hat in size 64 that I've been trying to find a new home for since it is way too big for me. Add the fact that I really need another one of your lightweight beavers in Sahara or Limestone in your new blend of beaver and Chinchilla, maybe this is the time to make a deal.

Let me know if the Cash for Clunkers would be interested in the Kiandra. I'm looking forward to working with you again

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Art, you know I can't resist a bargain. And, I happen to have an almost new Akubra Kiandra western style hat in size 64 that I've been trying to find a new home for since it is way too big for me. Add the fact that I really need another one of your lightweight beavers in Sahara or Limestone in your new blend of beaver and Chinchilla, maybe this is the time to make a deal.

Let me know if the Cash for Clunkers would be interested in the Kiandra. I'm looking forward to working with you again

Absolutely Sir, give me a call & we can arm wrestle over it :)

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
Ed, you're a true wizzard! The idea to make really useful comparing collages like this is actually Rabbit's. I will take a little of "the honor" of the back-button, though ;)

I would also like a return button on a page like this, please. I hope you realize, I don't try to be a wise "pain in the ***". I just try to seed some ideas to make Art's website even better :)

You're doing a great work, Ed. The site has become a lot better in your hands!

PS: You can just leave the top link to "Limited Edition Gallery" active on the page I linked to. That would satisfy my wish to be able to get back without the browser's "Back" button.

Last edited:

wine65

One of the Regulars
I had my Montecristi purchased from Bob reworked into a dualist. It was a wonderful Montecristi, however the crown was too tall and brim too wide for me originally. I think this reincarnation will get out a lot more. Whiskey colored 2 1/4" beaver brim with 1 1/2 inch brown ribbon. Thanks Art!
7erypu3e.jpg

anuvesag.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Last edited:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Wine, great looking Dualist, a Semi-Calado version is just too cool (ha!)

I did a similar thing earlier this year, I had an Optimo Montecristi that I disliked and Art fixed it by removing the brim and making a Dualist from the crown.

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Loungers, start your engines!!!
It’s that time again Gents. From now , 11/1/ 2013, until Dec 15th I am offering a $50 Lounge discount along with a “Clunker” discount of $50 for any order in the queue right now and any order on a Century grade hat until the ending date. That means with your no longer worn hat and the discount, one of my hats is $285 plus shipping.
Thank you for your support over the years

TomS

One Too Many
Hi Folks,

I have several hat jacks; The vintage ones are pretty good, but can get pricey depending on the size, and the new ones, well, just aren't that great IMHO. In any case, I recently ordered one of Art Fawcett's hat bands, which was made to my exact exact head shape. It really is the best single accessory I've bought for my hat collection. It's fairly priced, and works like a charm in any hat that is reasonably close to my size. I just pop it in over-night, and the hat has a great fit the next morning!

I'm sure you experience hatters know about these, but for us newbies I thought it was worth a couple of pics...
IMG_1830_zps95ca4236.jpg

IMG_1831_zpsd15e77d7.jpg

Best,
Tom

clossonrr

New in Town
Wondering,
Without going back through the pages could somebody tell me how much one of arts featherweight hats go for? Is it the same price as the standard century hats with just a different construction? Thanks a ton!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy