Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Silhouettes Custom Hats - Official Affiliate Thread

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Moon. I have 1 in Pecan ArtLite as well. I'd go to 5 3/4" open crown if I was ordering another.
Art also made a Playboy replica for me in Granite ArtLite, same but no edge binding on a 2 5/8" brim.
I was actually thinking of going pecan ... great color
and I am definitely doing 5 3/4 or more if Art thinks it is doable
I originally wanted a 3" brim but Art in all his wonderful honesty said that he doesn't think it is a good idea because the felt is so thin.
so I'm going to go with a 2 3/4 bound edge.
absolutely love your hat

would you put up a pic of the pecan?

philosophy101

A-List Customer
I was actually thinking of going pecan ... great color
and I am definitely doing 5 3/4 or more if Art thinks it is doable
I originally wanted a 3" brim but Art in all his wonderful honesty said that he doesn't think it is a good idea because the felt is so thin.
so I'm going to go with a 2 3/4 bound edge.
absolutely love your hat

would you put up a pic of the pecan?
Here's a pecan Art made for me (dress weight) with a 2" brim.
image.jpeg

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Moon: Another GREAT color Art has is LIMESTONE... if I could say, a color close to it might be called taupe...
I fell in love with that color and contacted Art about it ... unfortunately it does not come in the ArtLite felt

emigran

Practically Family
I fell in love with that color and contacted Art about it ... unfortunately it does not come in the ArtLite felt
He has one more new one he calls Coyote.... I just had a porkpie made in LITE Felt... Its is a rich soft brown not as dark as his Chocolate yet darker than Pecan.

Reactions: RJR

bobkeenan

Familiar Face
I am not sure exactly. I think it was late about 17 June. He said the lead time then was about 5-6 weeks. I got the conformer in about a week. And sent it back the next day. Then there were some back and forth emails on the style and type of felt. I then got a call a few days ago that I was 1st in the que and he was setting the felt on the block! I have heard that his due varies over the year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24