Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Silhouettes Custom Hats - Official Affiliate Thread

Altiori

One of the Regulars
Received my new Milan from Art today. Two wonderful exports from Oregon that are enjoyed here in the Hostess City of Savannah: Shea Cellars Shea Vineyard Pinot Noir and Art Fawcett Fedoras. Thanks Art and cheers to all.
IMG_0580.JPG

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Received my new Milan from Art today. Two wonderful exports from Oregon that are enjoyed here in the Hostess City of Savannah: Shea Cellars Shea Vineyard Pinot Noir and Art Fawcett Fedoras. Thanks Art and cheers to all. View attachment 71072
Excellent on both counts! I had one of the first vintages of the Shea pinot noir, gifted a glass from the owner at Nick's Italian Restaurant down on 3rd Street in McMinnville. It was young compared to the aged Cali pinots and Amarone we had that night, but you could tell it had incredible potential.

Paired with a custom Milan from Art, well, you're set for whatever the world throws your way!

Excellent on both counts! I had one of the first vintages of the Shea pinot noir, gifted a glass from the owner at Nick's Italian Restaurant down on 3rd Street in McMinnville. It was young compared to the aged Cali pinots and Amarone we had that night, but you could tell it had incredible potential.

Paired with a custom Milan from Art, well, you're set for whatever the world throws your way!

I remember first eating at Nick's in the early '70s when it was a small non descript eatery with good solid food. Surprised to revisit it many years later to discover that it and the whole town of McMinnville had gone upscale!

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
I remember first eating at Nick's in the early '70s when it was a small non descript eatery with good solid food. Surprised to revisit it many years later to discover that it and the whole town of McMinnville had gone upscale!
It's been mainly the wine tourism dollars that have brought this about, much to the consternation of a few old timers. I like small towns, and despise arrogant types. Some of the wine snobs and blue collar pioneers of the area clash from time to time.

Reactions: RJR

Delthayre

One of the Regulars
A few months ago I inquired to Art about the featherweight bodies that he had in stock. He had the color that I was looking for, dark moss, so I asked him to make a fedora in that, leaving the details to him. I've ordered enough from Vintage Silhouettes that I figured that he would come up with a good fit to my tastes, not that they're all terribly exotic.

The result was delivered today and I'm well pleased. It embodies my generally conservative, perhaps dour, sensibility about colors, but with that nice flash of brightness on the ribbon, and love of imposing proportions. It's might be more of my kind of hat than I would have asked for myself if I'd specified more details. It came in good time too; the season for lighter weight hats is bearing down on central Pennsylvania and I might be occasioned to wear it on a trip to Philadelphia that I'll be taking with my father in a few weeks.

34040673175_7c78306103_z.jpg

Three quarters view (original size here)

33910967161_8e6a9db6cd_z.jpg

From the front (original size here)

34040674205_32d29abc7e_z.jpg

From the [wearer's] left side. (original size here)

33228571543_5ca0edf16b_z.jpg

From the rear. (original size here)

33910966191_80282f41e9_z.jpg

From the [wearer's] right side. (original size here)

33655710660_7bbef77541_z.jpg

From above. (original size here)

This also rounds my set of regular featherweight hats out. Now I have a nice grey-red-green rotation for warmer months to parallel the black-grey-brown one for cooler seasons.

A few months ago I inquired to Art about the featherweight bodies that he had in stock. He had the color that I was looking for, dark moss, so I asked him to make a fedora in that, leaving the details to him. I've ordered enough from Vintage Silhouettes that I figured that he would come up with a good fit to my tastes, not that they're all terribly exotic.

The result was delivered today and I'm well pleased. It embodies my generally conservative, perhaps dour, sensibility about colors, but with that nice flash of brightness on the ribbon, and love of imposing proportions. It's might be more of my kind of hat than I would have asked for myself if I'd specified more details. It came in good time too; the season for lighter weight hats is bearing down on central Pennsylvania and I might be occasioned to wear it on a trip to Philadelphia that I'll be taking with my father in a few weeks.

This also rounds my set of regular featherweight hats out. Now I have a nice grey-red-green rotation for warmer months to parallel the black-grey-brown one for cooler seasons.
I see why you are pleased, this is a beaut! Interesting color, I like it. Is it lined?

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up

Love it, Del! The dark moss looks great with Art's bow treatment. Wear it in good health!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider