Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Stetson Boss Raw Edge

I have received multiple offers and in all fairness, I will ask for your highest and best offer by 5:00 pm EST tomorrow March 15th

Interesting. This is not an auction or sale site, though there is a classifieds section for those wishing to sell an item but without the protections of sale sites such as ebay and etsy. Most things here are done by "gentlemen's" agreement, so to speak. Folks are encouraged to set a price and accept reasonable offers, if they so desire. Though OBO doesn't restrict one to offering less, I think a consensus would be that the best offer under the asking price would be what is accepted. When one makes a post saying that the hat will sell for $275 or OBO and someone replies "I'll take it", it's usually a done deal. The hat just sold for $275. I guess not.

I was interested in the hat and even sent a PM before I realized someone had agreed to your asking price and I backed away. There will be those that are happy with your decision and anxiously await your response to their offer, tomorrow and there will be some such as me, that will only wish you luck in your further endeavors, we just hope you don't do them here.

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
Although somewhat a moot point now, please also see the very first post pinned in the Classifieds section, titled "Read this before posting here!" It specifically mentions that this forum does not support a sale by auction format.

I understand that you are new and came here looking for information. I also think the members here provided you great information with the best of intentions. That being said, I would agree with the above sentiments that an accepted offer of $275 would be the right gentlemanly thing to do, though perhaps that bridge has been burnt.

In the future please consider another venue, such as eBay, if auction is your preferred sales method. It is allowed to post a link to one's eBay listing on the Classifieds, though many times the seller will offer an item up for sale here first as a courtesy to other members, possibly at a Fedora Lounge "family" discount. We often compete against each other for the same hats, but we also watch out for and respect each other too.

billmcc56

New in Town
Although somewhat a moot point now, please also see the very first post pinned in the Classifieds section, titled "Read this before posting here!" It specifically mentions that this forum does not support a sale by auction format.

I understand that you are new and came here looking for information. I also think the members here provided you great information with the best of intentions. That being said, I would agree with the above sentiments that an accepted offer of $275 would be the right gentlemanly thing to do, though perhaps that bridge has been burnt.

In the future please consider another venue, such as eBay, if auction is your preferred sales method. It is allowed to post a link to one's eBay listing on the Classifieds, though many times the seller will offer an item up for sale here first as a courtesy to other members, possibly at a Fedora Lounge "family" discount. We often compete against each other for the same hats, but we also watch out for and respect each other too.
I'm sorry, i'm new and I do not want to offend anyone

billmcc56

New in Town
Interesting. This is not an auction or sale site, though there is a classifieds section for those wishing to sell an item but without the protections of sale sites such as ebay and etsy. Most things here are done by "gentlemen's" agreement, so to speak. Folks are encouraged to set a price and accept reasonable offers, if they so desire. Though OBO doesn't restrict one to offering less, I think a consensus would be that the best offer under the asking price would be what is accepted. When one makes a post saying that the hat will sell for $275 or OBO and someone replies "I'll take it", it's usually a done deal. The hat just sold for $275. I guess not.

I was interested in the hat and even sent a PM before I realized someone had agreed to your asking price and I backed away. There will be those that are happy with your decision and anxiously await your response to their offer, tomorrow and there will be some such as me, that will only wish you luck in your further endeavors, we just hope you don't do them here.
Sorry, I now understand

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
I'm sorry, i'm new and I do not want to offend anyone

No worries, just trying to help you navigate a bit. We've all been the new guy around here at some point, and I'm sure I've made a faux pas or two. Compared to most members I'm still a noob myself, so I'm sure I'll make more as well. That being said, it is a great supportive group, so if you have any interest in hats I would suggest sticking around. You won't find a more knowledgeable collection of information in one place thanks to the contributions by members both past and present. If this happens to be a one off experience then I still wish you the absolute best!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff