Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Stetson Whippet 7 1/4

Purplesage

One Too Many
Vintage Stetson Whippet size 7 1/4. The hat is a beautiful toupe or olive green with matching 1 1/2" grosgrain ribbon and and matching brim treatment. The hat is in excellent condition and in a color that you don't see that often. The only issues are two small moth divots on the bottom back of the brim (see photos) which can not be seen when the hat is worn. The liner is a bit soiled from wear and has some very light foxing. The leather sweatband and soft and pliable and firmly attached to the hat. It has a 5 1/2" crown with center dent and 2 1/2" brim. The sweatband has the previous owners initials "AJG" Gould's Mens Shop, Clinton, MA. I did a google check and Gould's Mens Shop is still in existance. The store opened it's doors in 1934. I am relisting the hat because I was having difficulties posting photos with my initial listing. I have also lowered my asking price to $390.00 plus shipping.
d6da63c9.jpg

b20b533c.jpg

c788a286.jpg

3d26a3a2.jpg

432c8dd7.jpg

ee7882d3.jpg

4fc02344.jpg

1fca3759.jpg

9c0ab2fa.jpg

Contact me for photos since I am having trouble posting to photos to this site. If you provide me with your email I can send them to you. Thanks

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran