Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage style powder puffs?

kekecat

New in Town
Hi all,

I am reviving my use of talcum powder (although I'm using a cornstarch version due to some scary health reports of Talc...) and would like to find a big powder puff. I don't mean the small one for facial use but the big body ones - do any of you Ladies (or gents :) ) know where I can get a modern one with a vintage look?

Most of the ones i've seen come with product which is usually glittery powder, and at nearly 30 spangles are not my thing anymore lol Apologies if someone has mentioned this before.

I'm thinking cheap here....i'm sure everyone is in the same boat!

Thanks loads x

kekecat

New in Town
Not precisely cheap...

http://www.amazon.com/Patti-LaBelle-...ef=pd_sbs_bt_5

there are also quite a few on ebay...you can search

Thanks miss Neecerie - they are not too shabby! The prices are ok, although may try make one myself....should be simple enough....maybe :) I never thought to look on Amazon oddly, I assumed it was something that just couldn't be gotten anymore.

slightly off topic but if you want a lovely vintage recipe for a dusting powder using cornstarch - i posted one on my blog a while back here

Excellent many thanks Analiebe, thats great. I shall be trying that out too. My, my....I shall be busy. BTW those powder boxes are to dies for, love them.

Thanks again ladies, I will be sure to update on how the dusting powder creation goes.

tuppence

Practically Family
I killed a teddy bear to make mine. Nice, soft, fluffy teddy fur, two circles and a piece of ribbon. I did have to hand sew though as my sewing machine didn't like the thick fabric.

Vanessa

One Too Many
tuppence said:
I killed a teddy bear to make mine. Nice, soft, fluffy teddy fur, two circles and a piece of ribbon. I did have to hand sew though as my sewing machine didn't like the thick fabric.

:eek:

Goldfish

A-List Customer
Now I need one of those powder boxes :eek:!! I mean I love my LUSH Silky Underwear but how much more glamorous would it look in one of those boxes?!
And I want to make my own body powder with honey, a good excuse to buy lots of them lol...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner