Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Television restoration: SF Bay Area?

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
I'm the proud owner of Motorola's table top TV from the year 1955. I picked it up cheap and need to find an honest and inexpensive (I know,ask for the moon...:rolleyes: ) technician who is experienced at restoring old TV sets. The set does work somewhat. It powers up and I can get picture and sound after fiddling about with the horizontal and vertical hold. The picture and likely many other things could use some tweeking. I would also like to have a new power cord installed for safety. Can any of the San Francisco Bay Area members recommend a repair/restoration guy or gal?

Anxiously awaiting the time when I can watch some old Twillight Zone and Outer Limits episodes on my vintage tube,
Sefton
Thanks!

1955motorolaxu1.jpg

1955motorolawithpicturevo1.jpg

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
Thanks for the tips guys! I don't think it needs to much beyond a good general cleaning and maybe a few new bits here and there. I hooked up a VCR today and was playing the Thin Man on it. Picture wasn't too bad-the main problem was that the picture won't stop rolling no matter how you adjust the horizontal hold. Again, thanks!

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
Chevy43 said:
Yes I know somone who repairs and collects vintage TV's. Cheap- not sure about that one - doubt it.

Email me.
Sorry, but it looks like you need to make some more posts before you can receive or send PMs. I'll give you an PM as soon as you've got that function activated. Thanks for the offer! Cheers!
Sefton

pigeon toe

One Too Many
Does anyone know of any in LA/Southern California? My boyfriend picked up a 1962 color television for $15 and we wanna get it working again!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav