Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

vintage toys

That's funny ! I never thought of my BMW in that manner...:lol:

My BMW, boots & 501s... :D

jkhv08.png

Haight & Ashbury was crawling with "hippies" in '68.
I usually went to the country side to enjoy the nice fresh air !

San Franfreako in 1968?! You needed that thing to get away---fast.

Oh and I didn't realize you meant a Nazi motorcycle without the side car. :p

1024px-BMW_R75.jpg

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
From what little information I have is that it had been stored away after the child's death. Probably during
that time period. Although not in perfect condition, there are marks that showed that it was played with.
I felt it best not to restore it but preserve that which was enjoyed by a child so long ago.

I agree, don't change it! What I meant is, how unusual to see a pre WWII toy sold in America with the Swastika still intact. I bet, a lot of them had the sticker scraped off, or painted over with a white star. The child dieing explains it all sadly.

I have seen ads for ice cream, jewelry, & college teams with this symbol that was popular in the US
prior to WW2. Here's one from the 20s, but not 100 % sure of the time frame.
It was an ancient symbol for good luck, long life & prosperity or something positive !
2afbgxc.png

:focus:

This is my latest find:
1930s space toy
2mff6ef.png

That pistol is AWESOME! Great find. If you want to thin the collection, you can always send some here. :p

Bushman

I'll Lock Up
Here's a question for everybody: This was brought up on a toy collecting forum I'm a member of, and they actually were wondering this themselves: How old does a toy have to be to be considered "vintage"? I know on this board, we're talking Golden Age old, but in general? I've seen toys as little as 20 years old marked as "vintage" on auction and sales sites, which I kinda find odd, because that makes me feel vintage. [huh]

If you're a purist the rule of thumb for vintage is anything more than twenty-five years old. And when combined with the definition of antique (more than a hundred years old), it can cover anything from 1916 to 1989. BTW, what toy collecting forum is it?

Last edited:

Bushman

I'll Lock Up
If you're a purist the rule of thumb for vintage is anything more than twenty-five years old. And when combined with the definition of antique (more than a hundred years old), it can cover anything from 1916 to 1989. BTW, what toy collecting forum is it?

JPtoys.com Huge Jurassic Park fan over here. :eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ