vintage toys

Discussion in 'The Display Case' started by Kaela, Jun 13, 2005.

1. JD ARTHUR

JD ARTHUR New in Town

You are right, it has two triggers and each shoots one bb at a time. Mine has a wooden stock, did yours? I have not run across another wood stock one in years. The later ones had plastic stocks but even they are hard to ever find anymore. How about the old WHAMMO wooden sling shots that came with a piece of wire that bridged the gap and enabled it to also shoot arrows. Do you remember that?

2. Been there, done that. I loved it. :p The dang thing cut a target in half with one shot. Kicked like a mule though. :p Two bbs would have been easily manageable next to a double barrel 12 gauge with the triggers wired together. The old black powder jobs with the exposed hammers would fire both with two fingers on the trigger. :p
    Don't be like this doofus though:
    https://youtu.be/rnLXVjWOd2w
    You have to hold it tight and to your shoulder. :p

3. JD ARTHUR

JD ARTHUR New in Town

You still manage to have some great bb guns. They were common and fun when I was little. My mom would always say I was going to put someones eye out,, evidently moms always thought that was the most likely part of someone that would be hit in case of an accident. The lever actions were cool but the pump actions were the most powerful. The wood branch slingshots were ok until some kid let you shoot a Whamo, then you really understood what power a slingshot could have. I found one still on its original card even with extra bands about six years ago on ebay and bought it. Its on a shelf next to an old crystal radio. Today BB guns and slingshots are frowned upon along with many other things. I remember buying a 22 rifle and bullets from the hardware store, all I needed was the money. Funny that there were no crazy people going in schools or church and killing people back then.

4. 2jakes

2jakes I'll Lock Up

Back then we could pop firecrackers in the backyard, build a fire on the ground or go trick-or-treating in October & not
    worry about some sicko putting something in the candy.

Vintage toys remind me of those times somehow ! :D

5. JD ARTHUR

JD ARTHUR New in Town

me too

6. Stearmen

Stearmen I'll Lock Up

How old are you? I remember the roomers, that people put razor blades in apples for Trick or Treat. That rumours goes back to the early 50s! as if we needed an excuse to want more candy, and less apples.

7. JD ARTHUR

JD ARTHUR New in Town

Yes I also remember the razor rumors, I'm 73 years old. Did you fly a Stearmen? I had a couple of 170's back in the seventies.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
  8. Russian BRDM-2 Scout Car
    by unknown Russian maker

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Bit of a no-brainer here but if they were real which would you rather have? :p:D

[​IMG]

10. Hans Herrman Porsche 550 Spyder by Schuco
    (Examico 4001)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Stearmen

Stearmen I'll Lock Up

Another great find V.C. my favorite all time paint scheme for a Porsche! A friend of mine has the vinyl fonts to reproduce all those stickers for a full size Beck 550 Spyder replica. I really would like to have one, but would settle for yours any day of the week!

12. The Cord of course. :p

13. The Schuco Porsche was an exclusive that came out in 2002 and was only available through Porsche dealers back then. I want to get a 1:18 scale
    diecast version.

14. Stearmen

Stearmen I'll Lock Up

Wow, lucky find, can't be too many of those kicking around loose!

15. Was selling at a show today and picked these up. :)

[​IMG]

16. 1957 Corvette SS by Autoart
    1:18 scale

[​IMG]

17. Mercedes Feuerwehr Truck
    Schuco Piccolo series (1:90 scale)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
  18. Quigley Brown

Quigley Brown Call Me a Cab