Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

vintage toys

Irwin Interior Decorator Set

10444567_10152500942754876_6357052964367626475_n.jpg

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
A look inside the Lesney Matchbox factory in 1962.

[video=youtube;d_Yjyy_Rp2A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_Yjyy_Rp2A[/video]

Thanks VC. I remember my first Matchbox, it was Jimmy Clark's Lotus, I believe the Indianapolis version. A new friend of mine had just moved into the neighborhood, his dad was stationed in Great Britain prior to the move, so we traded. I can't remember what I put up, must not of had any sentimental value!

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
How many of you can remember you're first Matchbox car? As I stated earlier, mine was one of Jimmy Clark Lotus's. Funny how that sticks with you almost 50 years latter!

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Ferret or a Dingo scout car! I think I still have it. I know I have some of the classic cars like a Maxwell and a Rolls silver cloud(?).

Ha! Think I will find them and make them a special spot in the man cave project!
That would be fitting!

Renault

One Too Many
That is awesome Victor!!! The condition looks great from the photo!

I dunno how it happened, but these three relics somehow survived our two sons ( now 35 and 33). I managed to find them on a very dusty shelf in their old bedroom. They were originally mine. I think I got the scout car in like '64. Had a few other models, but they have long gone the way of the Dodo.

Thanks, Renault!

I was selling at a flea market today and found that Mercedes there. Those cars of yours look like Matchbox. I had the one in the middle. It was from their Models of Yesteryear series.

V.C., that is one really nice Tonka you got there. How did you manage to find an unscratched version.

Mike

Just luck I suppose though I believe it might be a restoration. It's a lighter blue than the original paint and the lightning bolt on the decal seems to be skinnier than the original. I was selling at a motorcycle/bike flea market yesterday and came upon it when I was walking around there. The seller had several other vintage Tonkas but this one, of course, stood out. I paid $60 for it.

Last edited:

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Of course, I sure could break mine! [video=youtube;xMjxOD1lJq0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMjxOD1lJq0[/video]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points