Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Vanity Set

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
vanityon0.jpg

I don't know much about this- I got it at a yard sale today for $1! I'm wondering what decade it's from, and what materials were used- plastic? Lucite (is there such a thing as clear)? Bakelite? The larger on the left is the mirror, brush is on the left.

christa

New in Town
Looks a bit like somewhere between 1930 and 1940 to me, but I could also be completely wrong. They did use clear Bakelite for jewelry back then, so that's not impossible.

The pattern on the back of the mirror and the hair brush was coming back as bookmarks in the 1970's when I grew up...that I do know. I recognized them straight away. But that's a different story.

C.

christa

New in Town
PrettySquareGal said:
Oh no, I hope it's not some kind of "vintage style" set from the 70's!

hehe...no, that's not what I meant at all :)
A lot of pattern, and especially with flowers, tend to come and go with trends,
and I think that the 70's bookmarks was a copy from the 1930's.

I'm sure this is a lot older than the 1970's though.

Sorry for the confusion.

C.

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
It's OK. :) I was about to add it to my Goodwill pile. :)

I do know that it was being sold with the other belongings of an elderly lady who had passed away.

Sweet Leilani

A-List Customer
The brush and the mirror are probably lucite from the 60s, but I can't tell for sure. The comb is almost certainly celluloid and a lot older; probably from the 30s.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner