Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage "women's" hat?

Cicero

A-List Customer
Just bought a hat for my wife.
She love's to wear 40's (wartime period) vintage clothing and we assume this type of hat looks correct for that period.
It has that 40's look, or do you'll think not?
Anyway, every opinion or education about this subject is highly welcome.

hoeda3jr2.jpg

hoeda1my3.jpg

hoeda2ft7.jpg

duggap

Banned
I can't help you on the history of your hat but I do want to compliment your lovely wife on how good it looks on her. I would bet she would look good in a man's fedora and for sure a nice Panama.:eusa_clap

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The hat looks good on your wife

That's all that matters.

If she wants to dress wartime, she will probably want to fix her hair into a period hairstyle. Otherwise, she looks lovely.

Vintage Betty
Proud owner of 200 or so hats

Thin Man

New in Town
Just bought a hat for my wife.
She love's to wear 40's (wartime period) vintage clothing and we assume this type of hat looks correct for that period.
It has that 40's look, or do you'll think not?

The hat is lovely and so is the woman under it. My compliments. I think the hat definitely has a 40s look to it, though I'm no authority on the subject of women's hats.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
And, BTW, Happy Birthday, and Congrats on hitting the BIG 4 - 0 !
As for the hat, your lovely wife now needs a 40's railway compartment, and some suspicious looking characters seated opposite her.

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Lovely hat! If she adds some long pheasant feathers it could give it that little bit of extra. While feathers weren't always seen in women's 40's fedoras I think it gives it that extra vintage appeal. And it could help color coordinate her outfits. :)

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Oh, wow, I love those hat styles (I think Garbo, Dietrich, and others). Wish I looked as good in them as your wife does. Quite stunning -- the woman and the hat.

karol

Cicero

A-List Customer
Thanks for the nice comments folks.
The opinions about the hairstyle and the feather etc are noted and helpfull.
Love you all! :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic