Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Visiting Aero Leathers

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Carlos, it sounds like a fantastic trip and visit. Many of us would be like kids in a toy store should the opportunity arise. I particularly like the concept of the Original Hercules with the corduroy lining as a warm weather jacket. Speaking of which, I have a vague recollection of an earlier thread dedicated to Schitzo's "shrinking jacket" and would be curious to read more. ;) Or, maybe not! :eek:

Speaking of which, I have a vague recollection of an earlier thread dedicated to Schitzo's "shrinking jacket" and would be curious to read more. ;) Or, maybe not! :eek:

That thread went all sorts of places but I have no doubts in the sincerity in which it was made.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
OK back on track. I really do like the clean look of the Original Hercules and its functional status in cold weather that includes corduroy lining and a throat latch. So Carlos, did you order your Original Hercules with corduroy lining throughout, or just corduroy body shell lining with cotton drill (or sateen) lining the sleeves?

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
No Camera....dont you have a smart phone?

Oh well, sounds like a great visit and perfectly outlines why I'd both love and hate to go.....a planned jacket and a spur of the moment jacket :eek:

Cant wait to see them.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
OK back on track. I really do like the clean look of the Original Hercules and its functional status in cold weather that includes corduroy lining and a throat latch. So Carlos, did you order your Original Hercules with corduroy lining throughout, or just corduroy body shell lining with cotton drill (or sateen) lining the sleeves?

I went fully stock, so corduroy in the body, and moleskin in the sleeves. The inside of the wrist area and the back of the collar are also lined in cord.
I used to have a cord lined jacket when i was around 12 and i remember loving it.

Last edited:

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
No Camera....dont you have a smart phone?

Oh well, sounds like a great visit and perfectly outlines why I'd both love and hate to go.....a planned jacket and a spur of the moment jacket :eek:

Cant wait to see them.

I still run a good old Nokia with a 3.2mp camera, all you can tell from the pictures it takes is if it is daytime or night time...
The day they make a smartphone with a battery i can charge once a week i might consider swapping!

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Beware, you might end up regretting it! I got my missus a Lewis Leathers for her last birthday, and now she is slowly getting hooked...
Visiting Aero pretty much sealed the deal, she was even talking about joining the lounge!
Be prepared for your expenditures to double. :eek:

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Beware, you might end up regretting it! I got my missus a Lewis Leathers for her last birthday, and now she is slowly getting hooked...
Visiting Aero pretty much sealed the deal, she was even talking about joining the lounge!

Ha ha, Everyman's dream and nightmare in one!

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Color me envious as well. Great write up! My trip to the Vanson Factory in Fall River, Mass. is still a highlight for me. I'd love to see the Aero's shop someday particularly in that I own so many now. Nothing like the smell of all that fresh hide... mmm boy howdy!

Worf

pawineguy

One Too Many
As has been said before, if Aero could bottle and sell the smell of the factory they'd make a mint on that alone.

From a local store (but made in Burbank, CA)

Screen Shot 2016-03-20 at 4.54.25 PM.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner