Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

visiting LA area Holy Cross Cemetery

RedShoesGirl

One of the Regulars
i did visit Holy Cross Cemetery on Saturday, advance images and research for a story about people who like to go to cemeteries. Perhaps they are doing genealogy, or hunting graves of celebs or presidents. Or maybe they like photographing gravestones and statuary.

here is actor Tom Drake's final resting place, with his sister Claire. He was living with her when he died and she survived him, but it appears not by much. His birthname was Alderdice.

he was best known as the "boy next door" in Meet Me in St. Louis with Judy Garland and of course, the army sergeant in Two Girls and a Sailor.

3059_tom%20drake%20grave%20alderdice_2.jpg

Rita Hayworth is buried in the section called the Grotto in a little place off to the side.

3223_hayworth%2C%20rita%20grave_2.jpg

there is a beautiful angel that watches over this section

3208_holy%20cross%20cemetery%20angel_2c.jpg

missed the exit to get off to see the Sears Tower on the way home. but even from the freeway it was gorgeous! next time.

rsg

Tony in Tarzana

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It's really a beautiful place. I've been there to see the graves of Sharon Tate and Jim and Marian Jordan, radio's "Fibber McGee and Molly." They're also in the Grotto area, not far from those statues.

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
:eek:fftopic: A couple weeks ago, me and a co-worker were driving through Colma, CA which is a city with 2 million buried and 1100 living. But, anyway, he's from China and has been in the country for about 5 years. So he asked if we buried the whole body in America. So we just happened to be passing Holy Cross and I turned the car in and gave him a quick lesson on burial practices. We drove past Joe DiMaggio's crypt among others.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy